1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Feeler: Sadowsky NYC PJ5 for FBass AC6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ElMon, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    BigDaddyP.

this is JUST a feeler in the off chance that someone with an AC6 might want to get into something different. This is NOT a first move towards eventually selling this bass outright. If I can't find an FBass AC6, then I'll gladly hold onto this amazing one-of-a-kind Sadowsky and wait to snag an AC6 outright.

I MAY consider an AC5, or possibly a fretless BN6, but other than that I wouldn't sell this Sadowsky for anything else. Period.

The fact that Fbasses have a VTC option, and that to my hands/back/build they are hands down the most comfortable design I've ever strapped on (I have been smitten with my recently-acquired BN6) is greatly influencing this decision. That and I've found that I can get a vintage-inspired 'old school' tone out of just about any modern and bright bass, but that I can't replace the extended range of a 6 string or the chordal possibilities it offers. If I could get all this in a fretless I'd be set as far as electrics.

I LOVE this Sadowsky, and probably wouldn't be able to swing one like it ever again. Here's a link to Roger's site for more specs/info on this bass:

And yes those gushing comments you find when clicking on the heart are mine!

2. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bumpage

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Yes I do practice wishful thinking!!!!

4. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    You're gonna wish you hadn't done this!!!

Bump for a great guy who must be suffering some serious GAS to put this up for a trade.

Have done business with this gentleman who lives just down the road and he does have nice equipment and is a pleasure to deal with.

I bet as soon as his fever breaks he pulls this down and keeps it.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ha! Thanks! I probably Won't be able to get someone topart with an AC6 anyways, so i've left an easy out. I'll let the GAS Gods decide :)

6. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    If you ever consider a Fbass VF-5---------

7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump. Gladly accept an AC 5

8. jeffthebassist

jeffthebassist Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Cool Bass pm sent

9. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    PM returned!!

10. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ttt

11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Should add that i could swing about $500 towards an AC6 with options such as a fancy top, in case the trade value was an issue. I paid $4700 for this bass new.

12. JGintheHam

JGintheHam

Jul 8, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    Mike Lull endorsing artist
    Now wait a second, Luke. Isn't this the "I'm gonna take it to the grave with me" bass?

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Getting an Fbass really turned my head around. The wide spacing in a six, the ergonomics provided by the way it hangs on a strap, and most importanty that the EQ is IMO very much like a Sadowsky, but with a midrange option. Plus the 34.5 scale just feels perfect tonally insofar as the Bstring tension and of course the extra clarity that i hear in the last four frets of the B, IMO slightly better than my PJ5. Wish i had discovered these basses sooner. Might have cured my GAS!

14. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    bumpage.

15. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    My Larkin has a passive tone knob along with the active components. Just saying.... :bag:

16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Can't beluev noone's snagged that foine Irish filly. Alas the FBass has won me soul.

17. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump

18. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    somebody buy/trade this. It's driving me crazy!

19. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    If the used FBass I'm looking at is in fact available I'll be looking at $3400 shipped. IF that is....

20. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    This is pretty new, what is the condition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.