1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Feeler- Sadowsky UV70 5'er

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by chris.gotfunk, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Putting some feelers out there for a deal. I have a killer Sadowsky UV70 that has VTC and the single coil pups installed. The body is ash with a morado board. It is in great shape with only a couple of super small cosmetic blemishes. The bass plays great and sounds even better.

I would be interested in 5 string basses +cash or a killer 4 string Fender Pbass +cash (maybe a road worn fiesta red P or J). A newish Fender jazz 5 would be great as well. Let me know what you got as I may be open to it. The amount of cash depends on the bass of course. Also would love a 1978 Jazz, P or Stingray.

These pics are from the previous owner. I put on a black pickguard to give it a more 70's vibe. I will also include the tortoise shell one.

If you want to hear audio sample, go to www.thecongressband.com and listen to the MJ Medley. There are also some live youtube vids of the bass.

Lower 48 only. No international. Sorry mates!

PM me with offers or any questions.
    uv70-2.

uv70-3.

uv70-1.

2. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    Nice Bass Chris, have an Early Monday Morning Bump

3. poman

poman

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    If this was only alder...sigh...nice Sadowsky!

4. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thanks for the compliments.

I am really only looking to do a trade plus cash on the buyers end. There are a few things I want and I need the cash to make it happen.

5. ReBass

ReBass Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Any interest in a cash sale? (I have no 5ers to offer in a trade.)

6. doublebuck77

doublebuck77 Banned

Apr 12, 2010
    STUNNING BASS.

7. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    Played this at the last GTG and it was amazing. Can't believe you are getting rid of it. Someone is going to be very happy with this.

8. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thanks for the kind words. It is still a feeler and it will take a monster deal/offer for me to let it go. I am still not 100% on letting it go, but we will see what the cat drags in... :D

9. hey chris

You sound good on the vids brother. :)

10. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Thank you. It is the bass that sounds that good though... :D

11. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I had this bass for a few years.

KILLER tone -- one of the best tones I've ever heard from a bass. The single coils give it an aggressive growl that is incredible. It was the tone I compared all other basses to. It's 70s Jazz bass heaven -- the full size ash body and the morado board just punch through.

If I still played fivers I'd want it back.

You'll miss it, Chris.

12. doublebuck77

doublebuck77 Banned

Apr 12, 2010
    ugh. If it was a four string I would be THROWING cash, basses, family members, my dog and my girlfriend at him!

13. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    I know, that is my fear. I am not 100% sold on getting rid of it yet. It is going to take that eureka type of offer to be honest.

14. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Sorry everyone. I just got the live recording from our weekend gig and I just cannot let this thing go. It just blows me away everytime I hear it recorded.

I am closing the thread. Thanks for all of the interest and offers. I will PM those I have pending responses with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.