1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Feeler: Seldom Seen Epiphone Expert, Jazz 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TeddyBearLove, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    I have had this bass for several years now. The combination of an ash body, 34 inch scale, neck-thru design, and jazz pickups, have always made it a favorite. I have been told that these well built basses were only made for a brief period and are increasingly hard to find. The Korean made Epiphone Expert was made in the early 90's, and is by no means your "typical" Epiphone. It currently has J99 pickups, a Carvin/Hipshot style bridge, and a flat out awesome Kawai active (vol, bass, treble, blend) preamp. I have the original hardware and electronics, but there is no comparison. It would be a breeze to go all original, but the question would be WHY.
    My reason for listing is to see what, if any trade interest there is. My only drawback on this wonderful playing and sounding 6 string jazz bass is the narrow string spacing. 16mm at the bridge. After playing 18-19mm, there is really no turning back for me. Although because of the sound, it still ends up in my hands often. It has been played. there are multiple light surface nicks, scratches and minor dings but nothing that is severe or even possible to be seen with my limited photography skills.
    WILL SELL OUTRIGHT FOR [DEL]400.00[/DEL]365.00 plus shipping, Includes a so-so hardshell case AND money-back offer if not satisfied. THE BUYER WILL BE HAPPY, I GUARANTEE IT !
    Any interest ? Send a trade offer my way...plus cash on either side is welcome as well. :bassist:

2. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Bump

3. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    BUMP

4. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    I used to have one of these many years ago now. What a great bass!

5. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    I agree. They were very nice indeed. I can't imagine why they didn't continue making them. As is usually the case, it probably was a money decision. The Expert was not a "cheap" instrument...

6. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    BUMP FOR A SALE OR TRADE

7. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    BUMP

8. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    PRICE DROP.....BUMP

I Dare you to find a better 6 string @ this price ! 400.00 + shipping...

9. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    Don't personally have any use for a 6-string, but if I did, this seems like a nice inexpensive way to try it out! Good luck!

10. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    I appreciate the well wishes. I agree with you, six strings are not for everyone( probably myself included). However, this bass offers one the opportunity to try without much money involved. Perhaps I will keep it around a while longer, even though I have others to play. Then, it sounds so good: I end up neglecting my much higher priced toys. It is a vicious cycle. :bag:

11. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Bump

12. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    Very cool!

13. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    BUMP

14. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Any Offers ?

15. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    PRICE DROP......365.00 plus shipping..
    If someone is paying attention here, they will get the deal of the century !

16. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll take it!

17. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    Wow ! Someone was paying attention. :)

You will have no regrets here ! PM coming your way....

18. TeddyBearLove

TeddyBearLove

Nov 16, 2009
    SOLD/Deal Pending..........................

19. togglehead

togglehead Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    If that falls through...PM me i have trade offers!

=]

20. jzucker

jzucker

Feb 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    too late dude, payment was sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.