SOLD FT: (Feeler) Upgraded MIM Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by x52dcd, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Hey everybody;

First of all, please note that I'm in Canada. Would prefer to keep this north of the border to save crazy shipping fees, but I'm not against looking at the right deal out of the US.

Secondly, this is my first post here in the classifieds section of this site, though I have bought a couple of things here. I've got great feedback on GuitarsCanada (username "marauder") though: http://www.guitarscanada.com/itrader.php?u=6371. I'll be posting this bass there as well.

Now, on to business! I picked up this 2005 MIM standard Jazz V to dabble in the land of 5 strings, but I'm just much more comfortable playing a 4. I've upgraded this bass with Fralin pickups and Audere JZ3-VV-2B that I picked up here recently (thanks Kinfedge!), and it sounds exactly like I want a bass to sound, but the low B keeps getting in my way. I can't find a scratch on the body - it's in fantastic condition. Action is a little bit high, but everyone adjusts that to taste anyhow. Only issue is that I don't have a case at the moment.

Putting a feeler out to see if there is any interest in trading this for an equivalent valued 4 string jazz style. Given the condition and the upgrades, I'm thinking in the $600-650 range. Maybe a Geddy Lee? I can also return my bass to stock, and then I'd consider trading for a stock MIM Jazz 4 that I could upgrade similarly. I may consider a P, but I'm really leaning toward J after hearing how this bass sounds. I'm not into crazy colors though - burst, black, vintage white are my style.

Try me with offers...thanks for looking!

I'm terrible with a camera (or in this case my iPhone), so ask for specific shots if needed:
    D9C935A3.gif

2. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Bump it up. Also, if I'm out of line on my value, let me know!

3. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Would now also consider selling, $600 + shipping. Unfortunately can't seem to change thread title...

4. x52dcd

x52dcd

Nov 29, 2010
    Canada
    Sold!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.