1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT (Feeler): USA '06 Ampeg SVT-CL or SVT Pro7 for SVT II or Pro2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jmattbassplaya, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Hey guys,

**Possible FS edit!!** I might be opening this up for sale as the trade interests haven't been coming in as hot as I had hoped. I'd be willing to drive some to meet up with anyone who's interested. Let's say $1,200/obo for a local deal. I'd rather not ship this, but PM if you're interested in that and I might work out something for people in the ConUS - sorry, no international.

I've been tossing this idea over for a few weeks now and thought I'd go ahead and give it a shot. I'm interesting in possibly trading my Ampeg SVT-CL or SVT Pro7 for the rackable SVT II or Pro2.

**New trade interest!!** I'm now also interested in the Aguilar DB750/1. I'll throw some money your way for this deal.

My SVT is in great condition. It has a little tarnish/rust on a few of the screws and it has a very small tear in the tolex on the back of the amp, but besides that it looks, sounds, and works great. The tubes have around 140 hours on them and show no signs of stopping anytime soon. I also had it in the shop not too long ago for a checkup and to fix the front LED, and it came out with a clean bill of health.

The SVT Pro7 a RevC model that is in excellent condition (basically like new). I have the rack ears for it, too. I can also add a few bones your way as well for the right trade on this one.

So yeah! If you have a SVT II or Pro2 in similar shape and condition then hit me up! I'd prefer to keep this deal local to avoid shipping costs. I'll be in Knoxville for school this coming semester, but I can meet someone virtually anywhere in TN.

Thanks!

p.s I *might* also consider trading for a Mesa 400+, but for now I'm mostly interested in an Ampeg for an Ampeg :)
    p.s.s I'd also be looking to get a little money on my end from any of these trades in regards to the CL as it seems to go for more used than any of these other heads.

2. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Here are a few quick pictures of the beast. These were taken by the previous owner Ray Salamon (a fellow TB'er), but it's in the exact same shape.

SVT_front-1.

SVT_input.

SVT_ding.

3. Sinomis666

Sinomis666

Apr 16, 2011
    **** if I lived closer (Im in new Zealand) I would swop my 95 400+ :(

4. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Haha, yeah that's a little too far away :p Cheers though!

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Bump for my baby. Someone should pick this up :)

6. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I'm just curious, what don't you like about your SVT7Pro?

7. Sinomis666

Sinomis666

Apr 16, 2011
    Keep on tryin for the svt II I used a old 80s one on a recording in the 90s it had the grind that my 400+ could never fully achieve!

8. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    There's honestly nothing I dislike about the amp. It sounds great, it works great, it's reliable - it's just an all around great amp. That said, I already have a LMIII that covers my 'practice amp' needs better, so I don't mind moving the Pro7 in order to pickup a SVT II.

If you're looking for the SVT tone in a lighter or cheaper (without skipping quality) package then you should definitely consider the Pro7. But for me, the Pro7 is a middle of the road amp. It's not small enough to be something I want to haul to two rehearsals a week, and if I'm gonna haul something to a gig I don't mind the extra cost or weight to bring an actual SVT :)

Personally, I kinda hope the Pro7 goes instead of the SVT, because then I'd have two SVT's :D

9. I have a mint (and I mean MINT) 400+ that I would trade you even up for the SVT Classic. It was one of the last ones to come off the line before they were discontinued. It includes a 6 space ATA rack (I forget which brand it is...) and the original owners manual. I always wanted one of these heads and I got this one a year ago from the original owner (a Mesa endorsee) and for some reason the tone just doesn't do it for me. I can get you some photos if you're interested. I live in IL so I could make the trip to meet you in TN.

10. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Up! I have a possible lead on two Mesa heads, but I'm kinda wanting to stay in the Ampeg family. Help me out with a nice SVT II or Pro2!

11. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Tubey goodness in need of some love!

I'm really interested in trying one of those Mesa heads now!

12. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    FS Bump:

The SVT-CL is for sure up for sale now, but I'm going to stick to somewhat local deals for now as I'd prefer not to ship this. $1,200/obo.

***Note!*** I'll be traveling from Knoxville to Memphis next weekend. If you're in TN and would like to meet up somewhere along I-40 then we can definitely work something out. Or if you're around the Memphis area I'd definitely be willing to meet up around there, too.

***Note#2!*** The Pro7 still isn't for sale just yet.

13. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Price lowered to $1,100 on the SVT for a local-ish deal!

14. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I'd love to try an all-tube Mesa!

15. jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    In Memphis for the day. Make me an offer if you're in the area!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.