Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT Feeler: USA G&L L-2500 Flamed Maple Blue Burst

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm putting a trade (not for sale at this time) feeler out for my SWEET 1997 USA made G&L L-2500 5 string Blue Burst with flamed maple top (a $550 option! see here --> G&L Options Price List ) Full retail on this bass is $2400 - $2500 (with the flamed maple option)!!!

Mine is a bit rare in that it's a transitional model according to G&L's Tony Petrilla. Mine was one of the first version 2 series L-2500's (the oldest ver 2 date, May 97 on the body and neck and serial number recorded on the registry on guitarsbyleo.com). Being it was a transistional model, it also was made with some version 1 items and some version 2 items. It has the neck and body of a version 2 (3+2 headstock and newer body) but has the neck plate and string tensioner on the headstock of a version 1. According to Tony, these were only made for about 6 months and not many rolled off the line this way and even less with the flamed maple with blue burst.

It's in great shape. Has some wear scratches that can't even be seen in pics. I just had it setup by a G&L tech and it plays GREAT (when I got it, it was just ok)! VERY low action, NO buzz, very fast neck. I also just put brand new strings on it (D'Addario Chromes) and bought a BRAND NEW case by Warwick. The case is wood covered by tolex and leather covered ends and looks just like a G&G. A very nice case and it's brand new.

I'm looking to a trade my baby for a Pedulla 5 string or something of similar quality/cost. It needs to be a 5 string with wide spacing. The ONLY reason that I am selling her is because of the fairly narrow spacing of the L-2500 (like a jazz bass). I have big hands and need wider spacing.

Any of you that know anything about the L-2500 know that it's a tone monster and EXTREMELY versitile. Tons of options with the switches, knobs, etc. You can get the sound of a P bass, a jazz and even close to a stingray depending on what you do with the knobs and switches.

Serious inquiries only. I have sold basses, heads, etc here on TB and have all positive feedback (see feedback forum) and over 90 buys and sells with 100% positve on Ebay. I strongly prefer positive feedback here on TB or if you have none, prefer a local exchange. Pics coming now.

2. Quadzilla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's a reflection of a light on the horn, not a blemish or chip
    [​IMG]

3. Tajimodo

Tajimodo

Feb 1, 2004
    Shrewsbury, MA
    What would you be looking for in a cash deal?

4. Quadzilla

Enough to get me a fine, used Pedulla 5er (or another NICE 5 with wide spacing)... Thanks much.

5. Quadzilla

A nice, clean, Lakland Skyline 55-02 would also qualify....

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    emailed.

7. Quadzilla

Email replied to...