1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Feeler: Warwick Corvette 5 for Spector Rebop 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by peledog, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I recently got this Corvette from another TBer. I've practiced on it, and I've used at band rehearsal. I really like the tone and the ability to switch from active to passive.

I have issues with the weight - it's a little over 10 lbs - and I'm not a fan of the neck.

Warwick Corvette Standard 5 Active. Made in Germany (2004) - bubinga body, ovangkol neck, wenge fretboard (the pattern is amazing), 2 MEC jazz-style pickups, Warwick tuners, 2 piece bridge and preamp.

34" scale, 18mm string spacing (can be adjusted at bridge), 10.2 lbs, no fret buzz - just slapped a set of D'Addario Nickel Rounds on it.

Cosmetically, there's a ding just above the neck pup. Small ding on the back of the headstock. First couple of frets show some wear and the pups look 'rubbed'.

Sounds fantastic, but like I said, the weight, the neck is not for me. Great looking bass.

Looking to trade for a Spector Rebop 5DLX FM. Plain natural is out. If it has flame maple or burl pattern or oil that's ok. Otherwise, no natural. Please post any reasonable trade offers!!

corvette-body-front.gif

corvette-body-back.gif

corvette-headstock-front.gif

corvette-headstock-back.gif

corvette-profile.gif

warwick-corvette-standard-active-5.gif

Comes with a Levy's gig bag and a Comfort Strapp with Dunlop StrapLoks.

2. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Bump

Will consider trades for other models/makes in the same 'range'. But really, looking for a Spector Rebop 5DLX.

If selling, $600 plus shipping.

3. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Will also consider Yamaha BB615, Yamaha TRB1005, SBMM Ray35, EBMM SUB 5, Ibby SR755 or SR535, Spector Legend Custom 5. Thanks!

4. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    I own a 5-er swapped the pick up and pre with an aguilar obp-3 pre and emg dc40's

5. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Is it a Spector Rebop 5?

6. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Please send trade proposals my way.

Thumpin' bump.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.