1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Feeler: Zon Vinny 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zooberwerx, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Now listed for trade or outright cash sale: $1600 shipped OBO!

Okay, this is the "holy grail" amongst my fleet of fiver's. Not necessarily my favorite but certainly the rarest of the bunch. Guess I'm more of an ash / maple type of guy, so sue me. Disclaimer: I reserve the right to pull this bad boy from contention if nothing attractive pops up or those jolly jokers from the Zon Club talk me out of it. Here goes nuttin':

*Zon Vinny 5, DOM unknown and I don't care.

*Graphite composite neck, 24 frets, 34" scale, no truss rod.

* Phenowood fingerboard

*Strung with DR Marcus Miller 40-120's...extra set included.

*Ash body, figured something top...once again, don't know and never cared. Sure is purty, though!

*ABM 2 piece bridge / tuners , Dunlop straplocks.

*Condition - excellent with two minor blems on the lower bout.

*Weight - under 9 lbs as can well be expected

*Bart pups with preamp....volume, blend, treble, mid (freq. switchable), bass.

ZonFullFront-1.

ZonFB-1.

ZonBodyFront-1.

ZonFullBack-1.

ZonNeckBack-1.

ZonBodyBack-1.

Neat, huh? I know what you're thinking...."gee, Riis...does it come with a case or gigbag?" Check this out!

ZonFlightCase-1.

More protection than you'll ever need. Can also serve as a casket when you wife / significant other finds out you snagged yet another bass.

These things are going new for ~$2400 (I think) not to mention the build time. Here's you chance to satisfy that "immediate gratification" demon which haunts us all. I'm always on the lookout for nice lightweight (9 lbs and under), well-balanced fivers. Please PM me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks for looking!

Riis

2. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Is the pair of socks included? Could be the deal-maker!

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I include the argyle socks (quite conspicuously, I might add) in my FS threads just as Hugh Hefner includes the bunny logo on the cover of each Playboy magazine cover...

....which I buy for the articles.

Riis

4. Arnold

Arnold Supporting Member

Please put on the list for a cash deal.
    Thanks.

5. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    ;)

I wish I had something to offer - last year I was very badly wanting one of these or a Status headless - I ended up opting for the Status, mostly because of lack of communication and lead time on the build.

Best of luck!
    ~ric

6. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I've had both and like the Bart elex. harness a tad better...more organic, less pronounced in the mids which works better for my oldies, classic rock, C/W project.

The string spacing measures out to ~17.5 mm string center-to-center. The bridge has laterally adjustable saddles so there's a smidgen of wiggle room. The neck is near-straight (perfect amt. of relief) with the 40-120's.

Cash +/- on the right trade deal...within limits, of course. If somebody has something waaaaay out there, I may be able to offer a two fer one or something along those lines.

Riis

7. I'll trade ya straight across for a Status headless 5-all graphite:D

8. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    +1 here :D
    I'll have to buy her a new bag as a compromise :D

9. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I've seen Michael Manring play his Vinny 4 live ,twice. I was amazed by the sound. Of course he can make anything sound good. Wish I could try one out some time.
    I have been intrigued by them.
    I have a Tobias Basic 5 I've been thinking of moving. Gibson made, 1994. Quilt maple.
    So many good basses and no place to sample them.

10. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Dollars to doughnuts that top is Bubinga.

11. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Could very well be. The pics turned out nicely and are accurate representations of the coloring.

Speaking of pics, I tried to snag a shot of the aforementioned blems....ain't happening, folks! They're just too subtle. The most visible is a slight depression measuring 3 mm X 6 mm.

Received more than a handful of offers within the past 24 hrs....I'll give each its due consideration. I believe I've answered all PM's.

Riis

12. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    Yup... a rare bird indeed. These actually go for $2,800 matching the spec. Best of luck trading... or not trading it.

13. waag56

waag56

May 15, 2005
    I have a Status made Trace Elliot T bass 5 that I might be tempted to trade just for a change

14. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks for the clarification! This particular model has a couple of years on it....the newer models have bolt-on necks, truss rods, and sports the Zon logo on the neck heel not the body. Took me six months to realize I didn't own a "NOZ" bass.

Riis

15. lowlife6

lowlife6

Oct 6, 2002
    Minden, NV
    It is indeed so rare that I gave up waiting for a used one to turn up on this forum, after checking here everyday for the past 2 years or so. A couple of vinny 4 has turned up but nobody ever wanna sell their vinny 5.

So I sent Zon a check for a new vinny 5 last monday. I kid u not

Riis, I hate your timing. But hope you can a good trade out of this.

16. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Aw, don't feel too bad...just ask around, there's lots of reasons to hate me.

Riis

17. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    CASH! SALE! CASH! SALE! CASH! SALE! CASH! SALE! :) :) :)

I take n° 1 in the queue :p

18. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    subscribed
    I wish it ended up as FS thread...

19. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Bump for a great TBer and for a great bubinga top bass...

20. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Great guy, cool bass! Bump.:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.