1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moore.jcm, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moore.jcm

moore.jcm Robot Pots Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    I'm looking to downsize the amount of basses I currently own... I know I know, a lot of people on here are...

This is a feeler to see if anyone would be willing to do a 2-for-1 or even a 3-for-1 trade for the following:

High end 5-string basses such as Sadowsky, Ken Smith, Roscoe, etc...

I have no problem keeping any and all of them, but I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in these. I reserve the right to be somewhat 'picky' considering this is just a feeler...

On to the basses -

2006 Warwick Corvette 5 -$880 Shipped This looks Great and plays amazing, I just am trying to move this on to someone that will give it more use.

Corvettefullfront.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/w33th4xor04/

2010 fender american jazz deluxe olympic white fretless r/w pearl blocks -[DEL]$1200 Shipped[/DEL] TRADED Almost mint condition. Some minor wear on the fretboard from roundwound strings, but no gouging. Body looks great. I'm using the pictures from the trade thread I got it in, but it's essentially exactly the same.

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/w33th4xor04/

2011 Lakland 44-02 - $1000 Shipped Ash body, rosewood fretboard. Mint condition. I've used this at maybe 2 gigs, and it was as an alternate. Other than that, it's been played in my house and rehearsal space.

44-02Fullfront.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/w33th4xor04/2011%20Lakland%2044-02/

2009 Music Man Stingray5 BFR - [DEL]$1600 Shipped[/DEL] SOLD! Not a solid RW neck, but hard to see the lines between the fretboard and neck. Sounds and feels great. I'm not a fan of gold hardware, but I think it really works wonderfully on this one. I'm using the pictures from the original owner, so I hope they don't mind!

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/w33th4xor04/Music%20Man%20Stingray5%20Ball%20Family%20Reserve/

1998 Warwick Thumb B.O. - $1250 Shipped This bass oozes funk. It was a little rough (not abused, just not completely cared for) when I got it, but a little elbow grease, and WW wax made it look great! The tabs on the Just-a-Nut I are broken, but I've never had a problem with them so I never opted to replace it. I also had to replace the input jack(common problem) but have not had a problem with it since it was replaced.

Fullfront.
    http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd406/w33th4xor04/1998%20Warwick%20Thumb/

2011 Lakland 55-AJ -[DEL]$1100 Shipped[/DEL] SOLD I bought this bass as an 'all-around' bass and I think it fits the bill for sure. I like playing it, but if it catches someone elses eye, I'd be happy to work something out. This bass also sports a Sadowsky pre-amp that was professionally installed. I still have the original lakland pre-amp *somewhere* and can include it if you'd like, but neve saw the need to re-install it.

2008 G&L BadAssBassPlayers Limited Edition L2500K - One of approximately 23 made.
    Blackburst on ash, nicely figured rosewood board on a maple neck.
    The Blackburst finish and K-mode switching (single coil/dual parallel/dual series) were proprietary to BABP LE basses when they were built for BABP forum, but are available by special order now. I'm stealing this description directly from Chef, but I don't think he'll mind. He said it right the first time! I'll post a pic and give a link to the original thread I got it from.

2500kwide.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/g-l-babp-le2500k-ash-rw-w-single-coil-option-777855/

2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Got some nice ones there. I bet the L2500 is killer. You'll regret letting that one go. Totally underrated instrument there.

3. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Thanks scuba!

I'm definitely on the fence about that one and if I'm able to get rid of 2-3 others, I'd be more than happy to hold onto the rest and close the thread.

4. Let me know if the AJ-55 is for sale.

5. kellyrojo

kellyrojo

Feb 16, 2011
    South Carolina
    wow dude...you have way too many awesome basses!

6. sharp8874

sharp8874

Jan 10, 2011
    Dang I looked at the l2500 and wow I think I found my dream bass but sadly I don't have anything you would want. Maybe in another few years I can get one. Good luck on downsizing though

7. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Thanks! I definitely like these basses a lot but I would like to downsize a bit.

And thanks for the comment Sharp! I'm still somewhat on the fence about trading that G&L away...

8. It's official: that's the most beautiful Sting I've seen in my life. I usually don't even like that style pickguard, but it looks damn good on that thing. I'm drooling...

9. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Thanks! It plays just as good as it looks too. The RW fretboard mellows out what can be a harsh tone based on what pickup configuration you have selected. Between the pickguard and gold hardware everywhere it makes it all flow really well.

10. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Bump!

11. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Some nice offers so far, but I am looking to downsize, not make 1-for-1 trades.

I will listen to cash offers, but please send them via PM. I will only consider them if no interest is shown in taking some of these bad boys off my hands.

12. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Let's bring this back up to the top. I'm interested to see what people have to offer. I may listen to amp trades such as Genz Benz Shuttlemax series...

13. theretheyare

theretheyare

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification
    PM sent...

14. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Wow, nice. Wish I could have the Corvette 5 and the Fender fretless.

Richie

15. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Is the G&L still around???????

16. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Still here!

17. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Bump. I will listen to cash offers by PM.

It's amazing how fast home renovations can get expensive!

18. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Bump.

19. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Bump for pricing! I added prices to the ones I'd be interested in selling if people wanted to buy them. I am willing to negotiate A LITTLE.

I'd still be interested in trading the others if something like a Sadowsky or a Smith showed up, but I wanted to put pricing on the others to see if that would stir some interest.

20. moore.jcm

Nov 7, 2009
    Long Island
    Bump!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.