FT: Fender American Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xEriatarka, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Hey there everyone. Never really thought I'd do this since this is my first bass, but I've realized that instruments are made to be played, and this one has been missing out quite a bit.

About the bass. It's been kept in really nice condition. There is one small ding towards the output jack, but my camera will not show it. There is also a small nick at the very top of the head stock. Both of these have no effect on the tone. The only other thing to note is that there is a little dinosaur sticker on the pick guard that my little cousin put on there and a "Not of this World" sticker on the back of the body. The pickguard sticker shouldn't come too hard to get rid of, but the other one might be a bit harder seeing as it's on the back, but it's obviously not visible while playing...but it can still be removed with that sticker remover stuff.

I'm only looking for trades right now, but offers are always welcome. Some specific basses that might interest me:

Birdsong Sadhana (this is my dream bass :hyper:)
    Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub
    Fender American P-bass (especially one with both jazz a precission pick-ups)
    Warwick Thumb BO (preferably all-wenge...I've never actually tried one)
    Spector Euro LX or NS4CRFM/NS5CRFM

Those are just some specific basses I'm looking for. I'm pretty much open to anything though, especially if it doesn't have a painted over finish. I love being able to see the actual wood of the intstrument. I'm only really into 4 stringers and 5 stringers, so nothing above. And if you do have a 5-stringer, I'd prefer relatively small string spacing. Unfortunately I have relatively small hands.

Basswhole.jpg

Bassbody.jpg

2. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    That's a cool finish.

3. Sunset Orange Transparent . Looks great with the maple neck and board.Very nice bass.Great luck with the sale.It won't last long.Free bump.:eek:

4. chf3354

chf3354

Jan 26, 2004
    Puerto Rico
    pm sent !!! :hyper:

5. pm sent

6. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    pm sent

7. All PMs replied to. And for those that asked, Joe is right. It's transparent sunset orange.

8. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    PM Sent

9. Come on people.This bass is so nice.A passive Jazz at it's best.I can't believe it is still here.:eek:

10. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    I'd buy it if I didn't already have the same one :)

Awesome bass, great finish.

11. WyattUrp

WyattUrp

Dec 16, 2005
    Warwick,RI
    What year was this made, does this have the s-1 switching ?

12. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    pm sent

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I can't see the S/N, so I can't help you with the year. From the photo, it looks like it DOES have the S-1. I have the S-1 on my '04 Sunset Orange Transparent Jazz, but mine has the rosewood f/b. Great bass. Whomever winds up with it will be pleased. And if this one is like mine, it looks even better in person than the pictures reveal. The grain of the ash shows through very nicely.

14. Looks like we have the same body with different necks. :)

Yes, it does have S-1 switch. A lot of interesting offers. I'm in new hurry to get rid of her, so I'm not jumping the gun on any offers right away. And I still want to get her a new set-up as well before she leaves my hands.

15. Bump

16. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    You have PM w/ trade offer

17. After getting my ideal trade offer, I have realized that I need both that bass and this bass, so I'm going to hold back onto my Fender and just wait until I have the money to afford one myself. Thanks for all the offers guys.

Cheers,
    Justin

18. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Any interest in a super upgraded Warwick Fretless :D
    But seriously, I played it last night @ church and the sound is AMAZING! I'm really happy with it. I sent you a email regarding the combo, let me know what you want to do.
    Danny.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021