1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT - Fender American Standard P

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iriegnome, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I bought this new. Played it for a little bit and just don't like it. I was hoping for more of a mid-70's feel and vibe, but this just isn't it. It has the light weight tuners, blah blah blah, everything included, blah blah blah.. This one is Charcoal Metallic Gray. In minty condition. Just not for me. I am looking to trade it for something I can play and use. You all know how much they are and what they are worth. I would be interested in a Dingwall Combustion (5'er prefered) any crazy older hollow body/semi hollow body 4 banger, Maybe a Les Paul bass, or anything of that nature... Again, we are all pretty up on the prices and values, so hit me up...
    2012-06-0812_42_50.gif
    2012-06-0812_43_13.gif
    2012-06-0812_43_26.gif
    2012-06-0812_44_55.gif

2. Free bump for a nice bass. How do you feel about 4-string Stingrays?

3. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    If it would be older than say early 90's or even a Sterling would be cool...

4. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Update - I played this bass last night at practice. Awesome tone. Bass for miles and sweet clean crisp high end. Fretboard is nicely rolled, frets are perfect. Fingerboard is amazing in maple with some great figuring in the wood. Back of the neck is super sweet, smooth and fast. Radius of the board is just perfect. Still 2 things that I just can't get used to. First, it is only 4 strings. Second, the string spacing/ nut width. This bass' nut width is the same as my 5 string basses. I am very comfortable with super tight narrow string spacing and this one has an openness to it. Don't get me wrong, when I used a pick, my right hand was uber comfortable and the bass took on a whole different feeling, but my left hand was worked. This bass is everything a P bass should be. Just not for me though..

5. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

May 18, 2011
    struthers, ohio
    Pm'd

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Right back to you

7. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Keep the offers coming.. I am sorry, I am pretty specific about what I am looking for

8. NoisySyrup

NoisySyrup Inactive

Jan 16, 2013
    Pmed

9. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    PM's returned. Thanks for the offers. Nothing pending yet. However, I will sell the bass for $950 shipped.

10. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Traded...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.