1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Fender Hot Rod P for Stingray or t bird

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bought this bass, love the tone but I simply am really into stingrays , always have been and its been over a year since I owned one.

This bass is on a scale of 1-10, 10 being mint, is a 8. It has a ding on the face, in the paint not wood and one on the top edge where it rounds over, took me forever to find it as its hard to see, also light scrathes on the back and a little wear around the headstock. All very minor , but needs to be noted.

The original case, long gone I never got it with the bass, but I will included a hardcase, even tho I dont want to cuz I love this case:p its in great shape no cracks etc. Pics available.

The bass was cleaned today and strung today with fresh DR strings, sounds awesome.

Trades

4 string ONLY Musicman Stingray
    H , HS or HH is fine.

Gibson Thunderbird-Unlikely but I would like one.

Rickenbacker- I know I would have to add cash

G&L- L2000, must have a wide neck, no tributes.

OR CASH

850$ Shipped CONUS, with hardcase, will drop the price 25$ if you pay with a money order or some other way that avoids paypal fees on my end, my way of passing on the savings.

2. athisfeet

athisfeet Inactive

Sep 30, 2010
    OH WOW! I joined Talkbass specifically to find one of these basses! I wish you wanted a fiver musicman!

3. **** fire. That's awesome

4. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Bump... Sweet combination!

5. zrxnha

zrxnha

Sep 25, 2010
    If sell, how much money?

6. Thanks guys!

I really am on the fence about this one , played it at band practice like usual and the singer was like thats the best looking bass you have had, my dad said the same.

I am torn haha.

as for a cash price, I dont want to sell it right now. I will only lose this sweet bass if I get a sweet bass in return.

7. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    also interested in sale price if you go that route...

does a Gibson Studio Thunderbird interest you.....?

8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Is the body alder or ash?

9. Gibson studio does interest me , thats more what price range my bass is valued at , PM me with some details on that.

Body I am 99% sure is ash

10. Adlerburg

Adlerburg

Aug 18, 2010
    Woodstock, NY
    Sweet looking axe! I'm assuming it is made in the USA(?).. what year is it please?
    -Mick

11. Sorry guys if my responses are slow, school and ripping apart 2 old VW vans is taking most of my time.

Year is 2000-2001, USA made. These were a 100$ more then american standards of the day, eventually guitar center blew them out when they got discontinued.

12. Ok had some questions about weight the best i can do is give this description.

When it was shipped to me , it weighed 10 pounds in the box, with packing materials and a gigbag so I am guessing thats a few pounds so around 8 pounds would be my guess

Also trade wish list is updated with my G&L fantasy's

13. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Any idea on a sale price?

14. larro

larro

Feb 8, 2008
    Any interest in a Carvin custom ordered LB20, all mahogany body in Gloss sunburst, and birdseye fingerboard?

15. As for the sale price I am not sure I want to just sell the bass, really hoping I can find a ray to trade for that would be really ideal.

16. This is a keeper.....you may be sorry........specially that maple fingerboard!

17. Thats why i am not pushing this one to hard , still really torn about selling it.

18. Please note the holes for a bridge cover which i dont have, and also the real close up where you can see a clear coat ding, there is other wear both nothing drastic on it.

001-15.jpg

002-18.jpg

picture makes the ding look worse , its in the clear not wood

004-14.jpg

005-12.jpg

006-11.jpg

19. and adding cash price, no longer made bass, ash body , trans sunset orange finish, this is a keeper but I can only afford one bass at a time in college cash price includes shipping and a universal hardshell case in great shape. Pics of cash is available.

850$ Shipped CONUS, will take off 25$ if you pay with a money order or in any other way that avoids fees on my end.

Thanks

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.