1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT - FENDER JAZZ FOR US PRECISION OR BODY SWAP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Kobilly, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobilly

Kobilly Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    I recently purchased this bass from a great TB seller. I do like the bass alot, it is really cool looking and sounds great. Cool sage green color. I can't say enough about the neck, There is that little scuff on the top but man it feels great and has a nice aged look to it.
    I am jonzing for a P bass, thats why I listed this

Here is the original add wording:

The skinny: Built on a MIM body, Fender '98 USA Jazz neck, Hipshot D-Tuner, EMG pickups, EMG electronics (2 band), BAII bridge this bass is a tone monster. Picked it up at GC, cleaned it up, swapped out the ugly pick guard, matched the knobs, shielded the cavities, etc and it turned out great. Sadly, it gets no play at all because I usually play my 5 string Jazzes.

It's not in brand new condition, there are some dings with the most prominent on the headstock about an inch long at the top front in between the E and A string. The D string tuner is very slightly bent, nothing that affects function.

Weight: 10lbs 4oz

OK, with all that said here's what I am listing for:

First, the old style tuners with d tuner are gone and replaced with the lighter style tuners, they look the same but the tuning pegs are thinner and lighter, I think they started using these in 2002. No D drop. They are brand new with F logo.

I would like to trade for a Precision bass. I dig the sunburst, wood colors or maybe cream. Vintage looking. Love the 57 and 62 RI's

OR..I would be happy to just trade bodies, I love this neck and would like to put it on a P.

I can add a little cash for the right deal

worse things could happen then for me to keep this bass, I do like it alot

Please email with offers or PM

kobadeals@comcast.net

Attached Files:

2. Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    THANKS TO cybersnyder FOR ORIGINAL PICS

3. Kobilly