Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT - Fender U.S. Vintage '62 Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by the feebler elf, Oct 5, 2005.

1. TRADED!!!

I recently acquired this bass in a trade with another TB'er. It's a great sounding bass with no playability issues, but after a long talk, we've both decided she belongs to somebody else.

It's in good condition, with some minor dents and dings you might expect to find on a 9-year old player (from information recieved from the previous owner, I believe it was manufactured in 1996 - If you want, I can remove the neck to be sure).

It has one major flaw, which is shown in one of the pics. Under the pickguard, near the truss rod, is some finish damage. It looks like someone ground the finish off for easier access to the truss rod. The pickguard itself has also been ground down a bit, which you should see if you look closely at the close-up body pic.

In spite of this, it's a great bass, and I almost don't want to do this, but her heart yearns for another.

Contrary to popular belief, the neck DOES NOT have to be removed to adjust the truss rod, even without the finish damage (at least on this model). It features the stacked Vol./Tone knobs for each pickup, and they both operate smoothly. It also features the vintage reverse-action tuners (which took a little getting used to, for me).

Any and all trade offers will be entertained.....Thanks!

Pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More pics coming......

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Pics availabe on request....

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Any intrest in a 1980 Fender P with a beautifullyl flammed B Neck and headstock?
    Just throwing it out there..
    [​IMG]

4. Any more pics?

5. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    When I get home I'll post what I have or take a few more...

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

nice bass !!

7. Marc H.

Marc H. Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Bucks County, PA
    A Gretsch Broadkaster?

8. I'm not really interested in hollowbodies, but thanks for the offer!

9. Bumpity-bump

10. I'm drooling over this, wondering what I could trade, but I honestly couldn't image letting either of my main basses go. You have a beautiful bass there. I'm definitely drooling over it and also thankful it's not a '62 reissue Precision bass, at which point I might have to sell a kidney to get it.

The only thing I could imagine letting go would be a electric blue Yamaha BB404 with EMG pickups. However, the value of the two basses is a bit off from unity. I doubt you'd be interested, but...

11. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent!

12. PM replied!

13. Trade pending.......

14. 1999 ErnieBall MM SR4 clear finish with abalone pickguard, original MM pickup, rosewood fretboard, looks beautiful and plays awesome! I have two stingrays and this one has to go.

I'm looking for older fenders or a Rickenbacker---> I'm from Massachusetts

is that fender jazz a original US Made Bass or a reissue MIJ/Mex?????????

15. namrok

namrok

Sep 19, 2005
    Wayne, PA
    Nie looking bass, made in USA?