1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Fender Urge MIM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coop Soup, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Well GAS has reared its ugly head once again, so I'm putting this one up on the block. It's a 1994 MIM Urge. It's the 2 jazz pickup model and has the wonderful 24 fret 32" scale neck. Here's the skinny on this one.

Here are the known issues. The preamp failed before I got it, so it is wired passively. There are two stacked pots with v/v and master volume/tone. There is an additional input jack that was put right next to the original, so there are two input jacks sitting there. There is also an additional hole where a strap button was mounted on the top of the bass.

Other than that the finish still looks great and the bass plays really, really well.

I also added a couple of things to the bass. I swapped the original bridge for a Gotoh 201. I also noticed a lot of buzz from the A string so I added a Hipshot 3 string retainer. This bass will also come with a very nice Washburn gig bag. Great padding and it fits this bass very nicely. It's currently strung with Chromes, but I'll also throw in a set of Rotos that I had on the bass before.

Trades:
    Fender P Bass
    Fender Jazz Bass
    Something Fretless
    Something interesting
    voo5qw.
    157dnwz.

2. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I'd also like to mention that the neck has threaded inserts, so it's truly bolted on. :D

3. Interested in a trade + cash from you for my Fender P ? Looks like we're local so no shipping. :) I'd reduce my price on the bass for a sale too.

4. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    It's a great looking bass, but I'm not a 5 string guy at all.

5. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Truth be told, I'd also be interested in the right loaded MIM P bass body + a little cash. I'm going to buy a fretless neck for whatever P I end up getting. I'm not simply doing it for the irony either.

:D

6. This bass is giving ME an urge, I wish I had a fender P to trade you!
    I'm kind of in the same boat, I traded away my Fender Jazz and now I miss it...

7. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I wish you did too. :D

8. Bredian

Bredian

Apr 22, 2011
    Wikipedia says this model was built with passive pups vs the 3 pup model that is active. In that case its "original" :cool:

9. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    The pickups were passive, but it originally had a two band preamp.

10. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Updated trade interests.

11. 77stingray

77stingray Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    Hello, I have a loaded MIA "Jazz bass plus" Body from around the same time period as this bass. It has a really great preamp (Kubicki), with stacked controls and a 4 way selector swith (active/active with mid boost/ passive/ and off), lace sensor pick ups, schaller bridge. Sadly no neck, but there is a great replacement graphite neck made by Moses. With a new neck and a custome pick guard this thing would be amazing. Any interest in trade? you would need to buy a neck and I would need to buy a preamp....

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/ft-loaded-mia-jazz-bass-plus-body-773883/

12. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    BTW you can get that neck in fretless too. Moses serial #
    MJ144D - 34" scale, 22 frets. If you know I good luthier or are handy with a router you could P/J it! :) hhmmmmm...

13. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Thirsty Thursday bump.

14. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

Sorry - I don't see the price. Trade Only? ???

If you don't find the trade you like, please let me know.

15. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Right now I'm just trying to see if there are some good trade offers that come my way. If I decide to trade it for some money I'll let you know.

16. 77stingray

Oct 6, 2010
    Atlanta
    There are 2 p bass lyte necks on eBay, 22 frets- 269$. Just lettin' you know in case that might change you mind...

17. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I actually saw those on my quest to find the elusive 22 fret Fender neck. I'm trying to figure out if my wife will murder me for buying one. :D

18. Coop Soup

Coop Soup

Aug 24, 2005
    Minneapolis
    This one is gone in a local deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.