1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT - Framus Triumph EUB - in need of some love

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AA63, Oct 6, 2010.

1. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi All,

When I was about 20, many years ago, I bought this bass from a local pawn shop after seeing Stanley play one.

It is a 50's or 60's Framus Triumph. It was in good playing shape but the finish was a little rough. So me and my brother began sanding it to get that gold sparkle off. We never completed the project, and I've been lugging it around ever since.

It is disassembled, and in need of someone to love it. I believe I have all of the parts for it, and there are no major structural damages, from my "just pulled it out of the closet" inspection, it looks like a finish and setup is all it will take to get this into shape.

I know they are rare, and have only seen them for sale 3 times since e-bay came into existence, yet I do not know exactly what it is worth.

So I'm putting this out here for now, and have it listed it over on the double bass side as well.

I only play electric 4 strings these days and have a preference for pre-CBS Fenders (refins are fine), RI's, CS's or boutique versions of Fenders. I could also use a good fretless. Or if you happen to have any higher end recording gear (preamps, AD/DA converters, etc.)

I will post pics and assembly/verification progress over the next week.

Let me know what you think and thanks.

2. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Hmmmm...

3. PM me when you get pix -- interested

4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    pics plz

5. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Quick Teaser pic...

I think the slab of rosewood alone is worth the price of admission.<grin>

[​IMG]

A

6. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
  7. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    Still Available?

^ .. ^

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021