1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Fretless Conklin GT-7

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by darkrising, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    *SOLD* Thanks Roy!!!!

I just acquired this on trade and decided I am waaaaayyyy over my head with this. I thought it would be killer to have a fretless 7 string but the truth is I should have a 5'ver or a 6 string at the most(and the 6 string is probably pushing it)! As far as tone and the fretless neck this is honestly one of the better basses I have played and the fretless job is superb!!! So I am going to put this up for trade for an equal value 5 or 6 string(or I can +/- cash as needed). Here are links to the pics of the bass amd info(thanks Sean and I will take some new ones asap):

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607170&highlight=
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627776&highlight=gt7

Just as a reference the trade value I have into this is in the $700-$750 range. I can do +/- cash for the right deal...
    Here is a short list of what I would be after:

Spector Rebop(5 string or even possibly a 4 banger)
    Yamaha TRB5/1005
    Higher end Ibanez's(SR700/705 and above)
    MIA Fender P/Jazz bass(4 or 5)
    ??????

Feel free to PM me any reasonable trade offers as for now this for trade only. Also feel free to PM with and questions and thanks for looking!!!!!

2. PatO

PatO

May 21, 2006
    Colchester VT
    oh man, how I know that feeling! I had one of these years ago and just couldn't handle the super high range or shoulder pain it caused. I've since dropped the fretless idea all together.

Bump for a killer (heavy) fretless. Be careful with the locking input, I broke a few cables in my time with it. Good luck in the trade

3. As the guy who just traded this with him, I feel a little bad that I love my end of the deal and this wasn't for him. However, he and I seem to be in agreement that the bass will make a killer for someone, it just wasn't us. I have a few pics too if anyone wants them, feel free to PM me. Great guy, great bass, lets find this GT a home where it'll get the play time it deserves.

4. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Thanks PatO and Sean..... I have been asked what if anything in specific I am looking for trade. Here is a short list, but not limited to what I would put high on my trade bait wants:

Spector Rebop(5 string or even possibly a 4 banger)
    Yamaha TRB5/1005
    Higher end Ibanez's(SR700/705 and above)
    MIA Fender P/Jazz bass(4 or 5)
    ??????

I am wanting to stay close to the value of the Conklin but again willing to work something out for the right deal......

5. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    PM sent re: 6 string trade

6. Trade offer.

Good luck on trade/sale.

RJM

7. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    All PM's replied to(I think) and a still here for now Bump!!!! Really looking for a good 5(or 6)string,or maybe even the right 4 string.....If you ever wanted to try a 7 string and a fretless at that this is for you.........

8. royboy8159

royboy8159

Oct 25, 2009
    I've got a Fender Aerodyne 4 string Jazz Bass, or a '97 Fender 4 string P Bass that I'd consider working a trade with. Would also want a couple o $$ for the "P".
    Let me know if you're interested.

9. Ask any questions my way as well It was my bass originally

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.