1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Fretless USA Tobaccoburst G&L L2500: Pristine! Very clean ebony fretboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by OneMoreRobot, Sep 27, 2010.

1. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Hello all,

I literally JUST freaking got this like last week. I wanted to try fretless again, but I am not cut out for it. I don't have the ear or the patience for it. I have probably played this thing close to 10 hours in the week or so I've had it.

That being said, it's a gorgeous bass with those excellent G&L electronics we all know and love. The G&L 5-string neck profile is the most comfortable I have ever laid hands upon. The nut width is a slender 1 3/4" (slimmer than some Precision Bass necks) and I honestly do not know the string spacing, but due to the slim neck width I would assume it is closer to 17mm than 19mm.

I don't know what else needs to be said! It's a G&L, which automatically implies a quality good. I do have the OHSC and DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ASK IF THIS IS A USA. It's in the title. Also, the previous owner included some Schaller straplocks and these will be included.

I am looking to trade for a fretted 5 string... My list of lust is as follows. I can trade up or down as needed, but keep in mind I do not have a lot of money to add.

(Also, these are all fretted. The ONLY reason I am trading this is because I was dumb enough to think I could play fretless again. Black or chrome hardware only, please, with a preference towards black. I loathe gold hardware. I also have a strong preference towards maple fingerboards when applicable, and will only consider Warwicks with bubinga bodies).

-G&L L2500, L2000, or SB-2
    -Warwick Thumb 5
    -Warwick Corvette 5

Pictures!

(The pictures are not pointing out any flaws, because there aren't any)

Photo-0073.gif

Photo-0075.gif

Photo-0074.gif

Photo-0077.gif

Photo-0076.gif

Photo-0078.gif

Photo-0079.gif

2. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Bump I'll waiting on a camera to take good pics with :/

3. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Bump for pictures! With the exception of the first one, I'd say they turned out pretty good for cell phone pics! :D

4. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    I have a couple offers on the table, but they're not quite what I'm looking for just yet. Still considering!

5. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Bump for shrunken trade list...

I'm gonna give the fretless a chance for a while, unless someone offers me a Thumb or a G&L with a maple fingerboard.

6. JGintheHam

JGintheHam Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    Mike Lull endorsing artist
    Cash price??

7. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    $850 shipped is what I got it for, and since the bass I'd like on the forums is $850 shipped, I can do that.

8. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Mar 15, 2010
    Tijeras, NM
    More bump for a great bass!

I have one identical. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd think it was mine you're selling.

Hmm. Better check the closet...

9. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Haha indeed... Ya never know....

Bump! I just got a BADASS VW GTI today and I am happy despite the fact I hate my ex!

10. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    BAMP.

11. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Turned 19 today. Metal.

12. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Bump. Don't really have much to say.

13. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Hey, did you ever figure out the string spacing? How is the mwah and growl on this bass?

14. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Honestly, I don't know to measure string spacing. If someone can give me a method with which to accurately measure the spacing, I shall do so.

Mwah and growl or whatever the heck you want, this bass will do it. It's a G&L, which means it's versatile, and I have been able to get anything from nice smooth Jamiroquai tone to some grindy Coheed and Cambria tone.

15. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    I can do $800 shipped as I found a bass I would like on the forums.

16. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    I would also let this go for a G&L JB (not JB-2) or a Fender MIA Jazz w/ a maple fingerboard.

17. Bump because I would really love to have this.

18. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Sale Pending...

19. My wife says THANK YOU

20. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    Haha SOLD. I have acquired an SB-2 and some cash with which to tat myself. SCORE!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021