1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT/FS Alembice Essence 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigdaddyJG, May 18, 2011.

1. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have an amazing Alembic Essence 5 string that I've had for over 12 years. It plays and looks amazing. If I could, I'd keep it but I really would like trade it for a 5 string EBMM. I was the second owner. I don't know much more about it except I bought it from JD @ Warrior Bass, he took it in on trade.

This bass has a couple small dimples. I tried to get some good pictures of it. Sale price is $2000 obo but I would like to see trades first.

Buyer pays shipping.

Attached Files:

2. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Had a few PMs. I will consider other trades other than EBMM.

3. AlembicBob

AlembicBob

Dec 28, 2004
    MA, US
    Looks like a mostly standard Essence with one exception. The string spacing doesn't look like the default for that model. Normal spacing on an Essence, called "comfort" spacing by Alembic, would be very narrow at the nut and a bit on the wide side at the bridge. That looks more like the "standard" spacing they use on the high end instruments where the strings are more parallel.

The perspective is a little odd on the pics, so I could be wrong. I also wonder about the scale length. Is it 34", or maybe a little shorter than that?

-bob

4. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm pretty sure that it is a 34".

5. BigdaddyJG

BigdaddyJG

Apr 24, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    bump

6. BigdaddyJG