Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT/FS: Conklin GT-BD7 Seven-String Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Bryan R. Tyler, May 29, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just throwing out the line on this one. I was playing around with my old crappy Samick 5-string tonight, and I found that it's actually suiting the music I'm playing these days better than the Conklin. Basically, if anyone has a nice 5-or 6-string to trade or would like to make an offer (or PM one to me if you'd like), feel free to do so. The only flaws are a small fingernail mark on the back on the neck behind the 2nd fret, B string side, and a small finish dent on the body that's only visible if you look for it. This is a great bass (looks and sounds great, and is much easier to play than you'd think) and I definitely won't mind if it didn't sell, but my curiosity has the best of me. Feel free to ask any questions as well.
    Specs are:
    34" scale
    7-piece neck-through (maple and purpleheart
    purpleheart fingerboard
    Swamp ash body with curly maple top
    Bartolini NTMB electronics with mid-selector switch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Hi Bryan..you have PM

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    More pics for those of you who asked for them.

[​IMG]

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, it appears that the bass is sold, but I'm keeping the thread open until everything has transacted; I'll delete it shortly after. Thanks to everyone for their time and offers.