Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT/FS Custom bass (4 strings)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dreadhead, Oct 5, 2004.

1. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello! I've bought this bass from the builder himself... here are the specs:

32" scale
    Ash body with Wengé top
    Wengé/Cherry/Maple neck
    Bubinga fingerboard
    Custom wounded wood encased pickups
    Custom active 3bands electronics
    Wood backplates

I'm sorry to let it go but I need a 5er or 6er for my new studio works and I can't afford to buy another bass right now (I've just bought new tires for my Suzuki!) :D

Pics available on my web site's gallery:

http://www.armandopugliese.com/galleria.html

A new bass like this would cost around $1600.00. It's just mint. I have an MP3 here if you wanna listen to the sound:

www.armandopugliese.com/mp3/Smooth attack.mp3

The bass sounds really nice: a sort of Miller/Clarke fusion. It's light, balanced and the 32" scale makes it easier to play. Fast neck. Pics available. I'm in Europe and I have several feedbacks/references. I'll consider trades or a honest cash offer.

SORRY for the mistake: I talked to the luthier and he said that the new price of this bass is $1900.00. Wengé is getting even more expensive and this puppy has the best custom electronics and low impedance custom pickups!

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hey buddy, just so you know SPAMMING your gear for sale through unsolicited PM's is a BAD idea. I reccomend you stop now!

3. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    ... I just don't know what you're talking about. I've sent a couple of PMs to TBers that could be interested in taking this bass in trade. No unsolicited mails or spam at all! :confused:

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Someone let me know they got a PM sent to them without any mention of trades, just saying "check out my custom bass for sale" Sorry if I am mistaken, but you could probably be a little more clear in your PM's to avoid confusion.

Tim

5. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    ... I've NEVER sent a PM to have my bass checked... I've sent a couple of PMs to peoples that were selling/trading interesting instruments. However no problem, I know that I didn't do spam or anything like that. Maybe some one got my message wrong... but I've always stated why I was sending the message... :confused:

6. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Regardless of the above, that mp3 sounds great!

7. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Thanx a lot for your kindness... the bass was recorded without any eq.
    The strings were a bit old and the playing isn't great at all BUT the tune sounds decent to my ears. It's the main theme of an instrumental song I'm working on. :bassist:

8. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00001.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00002.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00003.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00004.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00005.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00006.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00007.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00008.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00009.jpg

www.armandopugliese.com/dorian/DSC00010.jpg

Let me know what you think. The luthier told me that he needs almost $1900.00 for a bass like this. It has his best low impedance pickups and electronics. The bass is mint, not a scratch on it. It comes with a gig bag.

The neck is 4cm at the nut and 6.5 at the end of fingerboard. The bass is very light and extremely well balanced. I'm probably going to order a 6er with the same specs so I think I would trade this for something different, even a 4 strings.

9. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    Nice bass... who is the luthier and how much are you selling it for? Also, where are you?

10. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello! The luthier is Massimo Scibilia. He worked for many european and USA builders (Warwick and others). He builds his own pickups and builds the basses by hand in small runs.
    I would take about $950.00, a bass with the same specs costs twice that. I'm in Italy but shipping isn't too steep and I have lots of feedbacks/references. I can also give you the e-mail address of other players that bought one of these axes to make sure they are great. :)

11. Dreadhead,
    Very nice bass. Nice tone also. Hows it sound with fingerstyle/blues? Do you have an mp3 with those type of tones/song? Love to hear it.
    I don't slap much due to the music I play so maybe it would be a waste of a great bass to just finger it?
    Thanks,
    Hawk
    xhawk4@hotmail.com

12. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    The fingerstyle sound of the bass is as good as the slap one. Besides the fingerboard is incredibly easy to play on and the bass balances very well. If you hear the other clips you'll listen to that bass plucked. I could record some new samples but I don't know when I could do it :eyebrow:

13. Email sent.

14. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    Hello! I wanted to say that I would be very glad to close a deal fast... I need the Low B, the Drop-D tuning is driving me crazy! :bawl:
    You can give me:

Cash

Mid price 5er + money (MusicMan, G&L or others)

a 6er

mid price 5er + low price 4...

the bass is just awesome, trust me. But I've joined two cover bands and I need the B :help: