1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT/FS Early Example Lakland 5502 Black/Maple w/Gotohs!! $850

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jobo4, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    For trade is a black 5502 with maple board. I believe the year is 2002 and it comes with the original real Gotoh tuners (smooth) as opposed to the current Hipshot licensed tuners. The quality of these early examples is outstanding. This bass is solid as a rock and built like a tank, but it is also full of beautiful and delicate tones as well as growly agressive sizzle. There is a little cymbal rash on the headstock and a little string rash on the MM pup and the usual light swirls in the black finish. No nicks or dings.

The bass is a superb player with a great neck and of course the wonderful NTMB preamp. It is capable of a wide range if tones for any kind of playing style. The hum cancelling USA Bartolini pups provide plenty of low mid thump and cut. Comes with Lakland HSC.

I am looking for 4 string, passive Fender or Lakland P basses with chunky necks, preferably RIs. No cash here :rollno: , so equal trades or trade + cash in my direction only.:) I will definately consider everything from a Glaub to a MIM 50s RI or anything in between.:D

I'll also take $850 and we can talk about paypal/shipping.;)

And BUMP if you love pitbulls!:hyper:

2. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Sorry, no pitbulls in this one.:bawl:

3. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Bump for sale price.

4. pm'ed

5. I temporarily owned this bass and it was everything people rave about and more. My favorite part was the feel and the weight. It was surprisingly light but packed a heck of a punch. Whoever gets this is in for a treat.

6. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

yeah guys...these early 55-02's are great! I wish USPS hadn't lost one of mine and I hadn't traded the other one to Marcus...if I had the means, I'd get this one back!

7. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    How much for the dog?

8. p.m. ed again

9. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    The dog is free if you can coax him away from me.;)

10. onemorebass

onemorebass Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Springfield, MN
    sent :cool:

11. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Some very beautiful basses/offers, but not the right one yet. Make me a cash/PayPal offer. Worst I can do is say no.;)

BUMP if you love pitbulls!:hyper:

12. greg , did you receive my email with the pix ? , peace !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.