FT/FS: Essex SX BG-205

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jondog, Oct 1, 2003.

1. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I've decided I only need 1 5 string, so I'm parting w/ this one. I'd prefer to trade for gear, but make an offer if you only have money. It's an entry level 5 from www.rondomusic.com that plays well and sounds good. I'm keeping my other 2 SXs. I replaced the bridge and shielded the cavity, so it's properly intonated and quiet. Very light weight, w/ a few small dings but no major gouges.
  2. Not the BG205?!?! So depressing...I don't think I could ever let mine go! What bridge did you replace it with? I snagged a Badass V from pmkelly but ended up trading it for a chorus because I forgot the holes weren't the same (yeah, I'm dumb, I know) so I decided not to mess with it. Oh, you happen to have a pic of the cavity? I wouldn't mind shielding mine...but would be nice to see a pic of yours since it's the same bass! ~ Ty
  3. I can see he had to make new holes for the new bridge...
  4. I saw that too :D I just didn't wanna risk it on mine since I'm poor ;)
  5. hey man, i had an estimate the other day that took me right near where you live... i couldnt believe it... anyway if you still want to do the deal im down for it... ive just been really busy with moving and work lately
  6. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Egotistical, yeah I'll still trade it for your preamp. I'm pretty busy this weekend though. PM me and we can try to work something out.

Tyler, the bridge is a contourtail 5 from www.customshopparts.com -- like Osama said, it's not a direct replacement but the 2 screw holes are small and not a big deal on a cheap bass. I couldn't get the B to intonate w/ the stock bridge, but now it's perfect. I can try to take a pic of the cavity next week, but all it is is tin foil glued to the cover and the wood under the pots. I followed the instructions at www.guitarnuts.com This is a good bass, but now that I have my Vaccaro Xray 5 I don't need it.
  7. That's odd man, I have the stock bridge on and it intonated perfectly on the B. And yes I know that the bridge wasn't a direct fit ;). Please try and get me a pic of the cavity, it really helps me to have visuals. Thanks man ~ Ty
  8. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    hey Tyler...if you're looking for a direct replacement bridge, the Schaller roller 5 is it.

Check out Warmoth web site. I got one used for $30.

9. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL

Is that the Schaller 496b?