1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS FEELER: EBMM Sterling H/S - SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RandomEvent, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    SOLD!!!

Ok, ok. I know, enough with the indecisiveness already RandomEvent! Well, I assume one person has thought that anyway. I originally had posted my Sterling H (Trans-Orange) Sterling for sale and trade twice, but pulled it both times because I always seem to come back to it in the end. The thing is, I really could use some cash or a new bass. I want cash to buy a bass basically, because I just want to try different things. That and I'm fickle. So let's see if I can get something firm with this one. But then again, I put FEELER...

Up for sale or trade is an EBMM Sterling HS model. It is black, with rosewood fretboard and matching headstock. The pickguard is also black, but I have a black ice one also that I will throw in with the deal. This was previously owned by Eggman and I just got it from him last week. I must say, this bass is in EXCELLENT CONDITION. He definitely treats his basses right! Upon close inspection, only a few minimal scratches that don't go through the finish, and I've looked pretty good. Mostly smudges typical on a black finish. It's even got a nifty clear vinyl sticker that covers a majority of the back of the body to prevent scratches and buckle rash! Overall, this baby is super sweet! Huge MusicMan sound, great MusicMan build! Comes with a black tolex HSC (I'm keeping the MM case cause it's lighter) that is more sturdy than the MM case.

So, why am I getting rid of this one when I just got it? I wanted the HS configuration because I played on the neck pup a lot on my Jazzes, so I figured it'd be a good fit for me. When I got the bass, I loved all of the sounds, except for the single coil soloed. I'm not a fan of the placement of the neck pup either. My wrist is at an awkward angle if I play it. Also, I thought the HS looked cooler than the H. Vain of me, eh? That's me in a nutshell. In the end, it comes down to me having to choose between the HS and the H, and I'm keeping the H even though I tried to sell it twice. I can now safely admit I just like it better overall.

SALE:
    For a sale price, I'm asking exactly what I payed for it, $1100 shipped/insured ConUS. But I'm a whimsical guy, hit me with an cash offer and I might be cool with it. PayPal FTW.

TRADES:
    As for trades, I'd like to stay as close to even value as possible, but I wouldn't mind adding cash myself to sweeten the deal. If I was to downgrade, only thing I'd consider is an Ibanez BTB 5 string of some sort, with cash on your end. The only 4 strings I'm considering are a Lakland Skyline Duck Dunn, EBMM Sterling HH or any EBMM 4 string in Dargie Delight or Envy Green. I'll take pretty much any kind of offer on a 5er, but a Bongo 5er, Lakland, Warwick, or Pedulla Thunderbolt/Rapture are at the top of my list. You should also know I'm a pretty picky guy on colors. For trades, I am willing to pay more money if I have to, or accept more cash from you. Hit me with any offers though, because I really want a new bass. Here are some pics (BTW, those are smudges, not scratches):

sterlinghs01.

sterlinghs02.

sterlinghs03.

sterlinghs04.

sterlinghs05.

2. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    :eek::eek::eek:

Give it a chance!!

3. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    That's why I put FEELER. I really do wanna keep it, cause like I said to you before, it's the sexiest bass I've ever owned. But I'm just not a huge fan of the HS like I thought I'd be. I'm all about the single H, but I'd like an HH sometime to see how that is. And cash or a 5er is looking a bit more sexy than this bass right about now. Actually, now that I think about it, I'm wishing I got that 2007 LE Sterling from you. That was a single H, right? But you just sold it, I believe.

Ideally I'd love to keep this bass, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of my Trans-Orange H. That and I feel bad for her because I tried to sell her twice...

4. Bump for a cool guy.

5. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    Thanks. I've been playing the HS since I got it (haven't touched the H at all till today to take some pictures), but now I know I'm a bigger fan of my H.

6. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    bump before bed

7. RandomEvent

RandomEvent

Nov 10, 2007
    PMs replied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.