1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS Feeler: Markbass SD800 for your combo or head/cab

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dcr, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Greetings all!

Just picked up this head and while I love the sound-per-pound, to be honest IT'S TOO LOUD FOR MY INTENDED PURPOSE! I bought it to mainly use with my acoustic duo, but I find it difficult to keep it dialed back. Well, not really. I'd like to be able to open it up a bit so that it "breathes" a bit, but by then it's just too loud.

I'm interesting in trades for a 2x10/1x12/1x15 lightweight higher-end combos in the 500W range. Think Markbass and GK Neo combos, or Shuttle 6.0/F1/LMIII with a small cab. But I'll consider all similar offers. Plus/minus cash as necessary to deal. AND IF YOU HAVE AN MB FUSION TO TRADE, I'M YOUR GUY!
    I bought it at GC, and the transferrable 1-year warranty (with receipt) is included.

I'll sell it too! Cash price is $650 shipped CONUS, $675 shipped Canada. Comes with power cord and speaker cable (you pick the plug config).

Lemme know what you got.

Please note that I'll be more than happy to keep this thing and just turn down a bit. It'll do fine as my main rig, too, so I'm in no hurry to sell / trade.

dcr

2. bassramos

bassramos

Feb 13, 2006
    Chicago North
    Still available?

3. dcr sorry to hear about you dilemma. I want to ask a question do you like the over sound of this amp and does it have a wide range of configurable tones that you can use?
    I tried a MarkBass Tube 800 and loved the tones I was able to get. But i would say it is as loud as the amp you have . Free Bump

4. How would this compare to the F1 are they similar in tone shaping? The F1 is 500 watts which is a little less intrusive and comparable to the GK Fusion however the Fusion does have 3 tubes.

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I've never owned an F1, so I can't say. KJung is the guy to ask that question. AAMOF, he's got several youtube vids up where he does comparisons.

As far as what it sounds like and the tone that you can get, I haven't really played around with it much. I found a tone that I like with my cabs and stopped fiddling. Sounds great to me...and I'm a middle-of-the road vintage/modern "clean" sound with no F/X.

Hope this helps!

dcr

6. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Willing to trade New GK210 combo.

7. Thanks dcr Arkansas Rocks!!!!! I am big Razorbacks fan !

8. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

BUMP from the back!

dcr

9. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Still have that New GK 210 combo.

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Okay, so out of the blue I sold my Carvin B1500 yesterday.

This one is coming off the market, as I gotta have a spare.

Thanks to all that responded!

dcr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.