1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS Feeler: Mike Lull M4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by shamrock&roll, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    MikeLullM4.

mikelull2.

As per Ryan L's description:
    "Mike Lull M4, made in December of 05. It has Lindy Fralin single coils in it, and a Bart 2-band 18volt preamp, with a passive tone control that works in both passive and active modes (similar to Sadowsky's VTC, I'm told). 34" scale birdseye maple fretboard, black Hipshot hardware. Quilt maple top over ash body. It's extremely lightweight.

It's in near mint condition, with no dings that I can find. A couple light surface swirls in the clear coat from normal play wear is about it. Comes with hardshell case (cream tolex with blue lining), which is in very nice condition."

A little backstory, I picked up this gorgeous bass from Ryan in October. Four days later, my fiancee ended our relationship by being unfaithful. So I set out to do everything I meant to do before I was involved in a relationship, which included recording an EP, but didn't have the time to fulfill. So I picked up a guitar and set out to learn it and actually fell in love with playing guitar. This baby only got played a handful of times since then even though it has been my favorite bass to date. The quilt is amazing and the tone is spot on. I bought it to play worship weekly at my church, but I let my best friend's dad take the spot. He plays with both of his sons now and it's awesome to see the whole family up there.

I need a guitar amp though because I'm looking at playing a few shows this summer and seeing where it goes. I'd love a new acoustic as well. However, I love having a bass around the house since I am recording all my stuff at home and at my friend's studio. Here's what I'm interested in:

G&L L2000 with #6 or #8 necks
    G&L ASAT with #6 or #8 necks
    Precision style bass with jazz neck (prefer USA...can be Fender, Warmoth, etc.)
    Fender Super-Sonic or Blackface amp with reverb
    Gibson Songwriter

All these trades except the Songwriter would need cash attached. I got the bass for $1500 so compare your trade offers to that price. I'm trying to get around $700 so I can get close to purchasing a used amp. Please no lowball offers.

I'm not really looking to sell outright at this point, but if you want to buy it outright, it would be $1500 + shipping. Money order only. I'm willing to sell if I don't get any major bites in the next week. I prefer to keep this in CONUS, but I got love for our neighbours to the north as well. I haven't been posting quite as often as before, but I've had several deals on here and The Gear Page and I'm sure people here will vouch for me. So throw me some offers!!! :)

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    For anyone looking for an absolute KILLER jazz bass, look no further than this one. It's got it all---looks, tone, playability, and light weight.

3. I'll take it for the $1500.

PM sent.

4. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    Sold pending payment. Anyone can still throw offers in case the deal falls through, but Jeff hopped on this one fast so I think it may be going to the Bay Area. :)

5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Beautiful bass! Congrats to both seller and buyer!

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It'll make someone very happy.

7. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    That quilt looks killer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.