1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT/FS: Fender MIJ 70's Reissue Jazz a la Marcus Miller -- Looking for Godin Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kai_ski, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Story
    I recently purchased this bass from another TBer. It plays, sounds and looks very nice. I have always been a sucker for the looks of a 70's jazz, but until this one had never owned one, and it's just not my sound. There is no way it will ever get played over my PJ. I want to say that I've learned my lesson and this will me by last jazz bass, but we all know how GAS works.

Trade
    I am looking to try a Godin Fretless A4 or A5. I would like to net some cash in the deal, so I would prefer non-SA, but I probably wouldn't say no to a straight trade for a SA. I may also consider an Acoustibass or a Carvin AC fretless, but I prefer the looks and size of the Godin. The idea is to find something semi-hollow that will rival the tone of my former Rob Allens, without having to make that kind of investment again. So if you have other trade offers that meet those requirements, by all means let me know. (Spector semi-hollow with piezo.) I'm not interested in adding cash, or large format ABG like the thunderchief. PM offers with pics.

Modifications (AFAIK)
    Switch to a 4-bolt neck plate, I haven't removed or adjusted the neck, but the previous owner said that the tilt function is intact. Either way, it doesn't need any adjustments at this time.
    Fender FM EQ preamp with tone control and Marcus Miller style pickguard, with active/passive switch. Controls are VVT (active/passive) and bass/treble stack (active.)
    Gotoh bridge.

Condition
    According to serial it's a 1996-1997. It has been played. There is a small chip near the neck pocket, many pinhead dings on the butt, and a small scratch on the treble side of the neck that doesn't affect playing. Overall, it's in good condition, and still looks very nice because all of the blemishes are hidden while playing.

I should also point out that it's very light for a jazz bass. It's as light as my two P-basses which I know to be 8.5 and 8.7 lbs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cash prices:
    CONUS = $600 shipped.
    International buyers = $600 plus all shipping and customs fees.

2. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Other trade ideas are Aguilar TH350 or Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.2, plus cash.

3. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Let's add GK mb200 to the list.

4. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    $100 price drop

5. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    A cheap pair of powered studio monitors?

6. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Traded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.