1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS Greco Jazz Bass sunburst with block inlays on rosewood!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by qwench, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    I must be drunk or I gotta nasty case of GAS...I am itching to pick up a hofner bass so I am putting this bad boy up for adoption...I have had it for a number of years and it has been ole faithful...super cool vibe and a blast to play...comes with a hardshell case...and is currently strung with D'Addario Chromes.. asking $450US shipping...would do less for shipping within Canada...otherwise $450 US paypal only or trade for: (+ or - cash)
    Hofner Icon Sunburst
    Hofner CT Club Bass
    Eastwood Club Bass
    Preamp/Tube DI box
    Hofner CT beatle bass

I paid decent money off ebay several years ago for this one and put a couple of hundred bucks Canadian into to it getting it set up and the electronics working....everything is working just fine...no issues at all...have gigged and recorded with this ole bass...most likely a late 70's Japanese manufacturer date although I don't know for sure...can send further pics upon request...definitely a few dings and scratches in her but neck is straight although there is definitely fret wear but that goes without saying on a bass of over 30 year old...let me know if there are any questions and we shall go from there....thanks TB'ers!!!

-Shawn

Attached Files:

2. aidan_r

aidan_r

Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    pm'd

3. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    pm replied to...keep me posted Aidan!

4. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Whats the scale length?

5. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    hey there...exact same scale length as my fender jazz bass full scale...34inch

6. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    all pm's replied to...

7. Can we get a good pic of the headstock? IIRC these guys have a very accurate Fender-like profile.

8. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    will do....I will try and take a few more pics this eve if I get a chance...cheers!!!

9. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    I took a couple more shots of her and a photographer I am not but you get the jist of it...i will upload them this evening...sorry for the delay!

10. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    i have some better pics but can't seem to upload them properly right now...i did email them off to an interested party...if anyone requires further pics...let me know and i can email them to you...thank you!!!

11. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    hey folks...keep in mind that i have more pics...just pm me and I will email off more pics...cheers!!!

12. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    First bass I ever had was a Greco copy of the Hofner Beatle bass. It was gorgeous and I wish I still had it.

13. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    bumptime

14. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    I just never understand why people try to sell things, and just don't put appropriate photo's here in the for sale thread when they have them.

Always makes me think they're hiding something if I have to 'request' photo's of something of something that someone apparently wants to sell.

But I'm the paranoid untrusting type.

:ninja:

15. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    You are indeed the paranoid and untrusting type...and in this case...completely wrong...I get what you are saying but you will NOT find much more trustworthy folk than myself...ask the dude that bought my Marcus Miller V!!!!!
    I was unable to upload the extra pics...WHEN I started the post, I used the laptop (PC) and now that we are in reno hell at the house...the girlfriend took the PC laptop to her parents place and I tried to add the pics on my studio Mac...and it simply would not work for me...email me if you want the damn pics otherwise...chill on the silly comments...

For what it is worth, the bass is all but gone...either to be sold to a buyer in Canada that will absolutely love this thing...or traded to a dude that will be equally as lucky...my Fender is the exact same finish and fretboard layout and everything and it didn't make sense for me to have two identical (other than the headstock logo's) basses...wow that comment really got me...no more TB transactions for this fella...brutal

16. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
    I thought that comment was a bit brutal as well. You did offer to email pics in a previous post. Don't let it get to you and good luck on the sale!

17. outlaw_711

outlaw_711

Dec 4, 2005
    I'm the dude that bought his Marcus Miller V!
    Awesome bass, by the way!!!
    And, yes, you will not find a better person to deal with.
    Very honest and willing to do whatever he can to make the transaction go smoothly.
    I would certainly not hesitate to do business with him again!

Richard W.

18. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    i appreciate it lots...i am really glad you are diggin' the Marcus V what a beautiful bass...probably the best i ever owned....just not a five string fella and active electronics aren't my cup of tea either but that is an overall incredible bass...good to hear from ya and thanks for sticking up for me!!!

19. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    sent back replies to everyone now...looks like she could be on the move somewhere's??

20. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    going...going....??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.