1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS: Heavily upgraded Squier VM 70's Jazz Bass w/ Fender decal and extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by thedude77md, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here is a Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass that has been heavily hot rodded. It sounds great and plays even better! After years of playing on skinny necks, I am finding that that a wider neck is a little more comfortable for me on long gigs/rehearsals these days and that is the only reason I am getting rid of this- I can't play as fast on wider necks but I'd take a hit in speed over brutal pain at the end of the night. It compares to or exceeds any US Fender or Lakland Skyline I have played in tone and playability. Some of the parts are better than you'd find stock on those models. Here are the modifications:

-Gotoh bridge

-Tonerider pickups

-Stacked controls and plate from a Lakland JO

-Switchcraft jack

-Tortoiseshell pickguard. Edge of both this and the original, included black pickguard have been professionally cut to match the edge of the JO control plate (it is ever so slightly different than the stock Squier one

-Headstock logo decal removed and replaced with a Fender 70's Jazz decal and then clear coat finished over by a professional luthier. He also removed the Made in China or wherever it was stamp on the back of the head.

All original parts are also included. Bass is almost new. There is also some light flaming in the wood on the upper horn which looks pretty cool- you can sort of notice it in the pics. The action can go VERY low on this too if that's your thing.

All in all, the modifications ran around $350-$400 including labor. I'll part with her for $475 OBO including shipping CONUS.

I am hoping for a straight trade or trade plus cash from you as I can't afford cash, but I have the GAS and if you have something that really strikes my fancy I will kick out some loot (I want an EBMM Bongo and a 1 x 15" Orange cab rig for my Bass Terror badly!). Some stuff on my GAS list:

-P Bass of some sort- anything from a hotrodded Squier like this to a US Fender or Lakland Skyline. Not too picky. I just need a P (and width a P width neck)
    -Yamaha BB series
    -SBMM basses or EBMM 4 strings (Rays and Bongos preferred)
    -Eastwood, Italia, or DiPinto basses
    -G&L's
    -EHX POG2
    -New version EHX Bass Micro Synth
    -Orange cabinets
    -BC Rich Mockingbird

Outside of that, throw anything else at me but please, no 5 or 6 strings, oil finished, or fretless basses. No amps or cabs needed right now.

S5000952.
    S5000954.
    S5000946.

2. Pm heading your way of a squier CV 60's P bass/modded

3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    VERY nice mod job!!

4. bassness

bassness

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago area
    Wow, what a beauty. What is the configuration for the knobs?

5. Each stack is V/T, one stack per pickup.

6. PM your way!

7. Sunday bump- all PM's replied. Keep the trade bait a comin', and yes, I know my sale price is a little high- that's why it's OBO- I like negotiating!

8. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    sweet........

9. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PM'd offer.

10. And deal pending already!

11. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Paid in Full. I can't wait to play it. Thanks Brent!

12. And sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.