1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS Lakland 5502D amber for 5 string fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by crustychef, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    I want to trade my Lakland 5502D amber for a 5 or 6 string fretless with narrow string spacing and mwah for days. It will come shipped in a Lakland hard case. I has Lakland LH3 pu's and was made in Korea and has been Plek'ed. It is in excellent condition with some very light buckle rash on the back and a small ding by the input jack and one on the bottom of lower horn. I recently bought this lovely bass from Bamabass a couple of months ago. While I love the tone of it and it's versatility it is just to uncomfortable for me to play because of the 19mm string spacing. I have medium small hands and it was just slowing me down since my main bass is Streamer Jazzman with 17.5mm spacing. I am looking for basses with 17-18mm string spacing. If the bass has neck dive at all I am not interested. I will add money to a trade for the right bass. Basses I am interested, but not limited too, in in order of preference are.

Warwicks, preferably Streamers or Corvettes, I would consider a 6 string too.

Musicman Stingrays, Sterling or Bongos preferably H/S or H/H pu's

Spector Euro or rebop

G&L 2500 or Tribute 2500

Just to reiterate. I am only looking for fretless 5 or 6 string trades.

Please no Fenders, Squires, Ibanez, Schecter, Rockbasses, Wishbass

For Sale price is $1125 shipped in the continental US. I will ship to Canada for extra cash to cover shipping. PAYPAL only please.

P1010036.jpg
    P1010042.jpg
    P1010037.jpg
    P1010038.jpg
    P1010039.jpg
    P1010041.jpg

2. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    bump for a great bass and great TBer.....out of all the Ambers sold, I think this one had the best grain! Sorry it didn't work out for you Brandon. This beauty really is in near mint condition!

3. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    OK. Just to reiterate. I am only looking to trade for fretless 5 string basses with less than 19mm string spacing. Please read my whole post before you send me a PM. Thank you.

4. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    I will consider 6 string fretless trades too

5. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Pictures of hard case.
    P1010043.jpg
    P1010045.jpg

6. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Price drop!
    $1125

7. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    hmmm.....I think I am being too hasty. I may just keep this and install a narrower bridge.

no longer for sale! for now

8. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    there ya go!!!!

good luck!

9. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    What's the nut width? My G&L L2500 has 1 3/4" nut width and it's the most comfortable spacing and neck ever.

10. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    OK I know I'm being schizophrenic but this baby is back up for sale $1125!

11. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    BUMP!

12. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Pm

13. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Badabump!

14. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Now listed on Craigslist in Seattle as well. For a local sale I'll knock $50 of the price tag.
    Bump!

15. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    PM'd ya.

16. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Still available but I do have one very promising, interested and local party.

Sorry to everyone tempting me with all these great basses. I am really only interested in fretless 5 or 6 string basses with 18mm-16mm string spacing.

17. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Count this one SOLD! Payment is pending! Thanks Scott!

18. Pleasure is (will be) all mine! Just gotta find a minute where I can get down to your place. Wish I could be playing it for this weekend's gigs. =( I shoulda just snagged it when I first tried it out the other day. Oh well! :smug:

19. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Now comes the hard part. I have decide between a GK MB Fusion or save up for my ideal 5 string fretless.

20. Yikes! Good luck with that one. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.