1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT/FS: Skjold Lion's Pride mint condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by szusman, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Picked this up last month from kotzman, had Pete Skjold upgrade the hardware to black and install his newer East preamp (volume, blend, bass, mid, treble with frequency adjustments inside the preamp cavity). Pete set it up very nicely, voiced the preamp, and voila, it's like new in a brand new case (the Contego by ProTec).

Excellent instrument, gorgeous woods, versatile sound. So why am I selling/trading? The spacing of the strings at the nut is a bit wide for me. Pete makes it a little wider than the 1 7/8" I'm used to... (and I actually even prefer 1 3/4"). I've tried, but I cannot get used to it, so I want to offer this one back to the talkbass community.

I'm looking for: MTD 535, Sadowsky Modern 5, Celinder 5, Fodera 5. I would like to do a straight trade for the MTD, Sadowsky, or Celinder, but I could throw in some money for a Fodera. I might also consider a Roscoe SKB3005 or Zon 519 (with some cash added from you).

I have $3000 into this instrument (as the third, albeit brief, owner), so if you want to make a cash offer, please keep in mind I'm not able to take too much of a hit.

Here's from the previous sale in March:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=523527&highlight=skjold

Here's my updated pictures showing the black hardware:
    http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa77/szusman/Skjold LP5/

Attached Files:

2. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Pics

Attached Files:

3. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Pics

Attached Files:

4. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Just played this bass today at szusman's house. It's AMAZING...fantastic build quality, super high output, very even response over the whole frequency range. Very unique look & sound. Somebody buy it!

And this guy is legit...great player with quite a collection of high-end basses.

5. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Pending deal, waiting for payment.

6. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Happy Easter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.