Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FT/FS Warmoth Deluxe Jazz 5 w/EMGs Soapbars

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Up for grabs here is all Warmoth Parts custom made 5 string. If you're not familiar with Warmoth parts and their superior quality, check out www.warmoth.com.

The body is a Koa top over an Ash body. It is a beautiful piece of wood. The neck is the Deluxe 5 Standard 4 over 1. Abolone inlays on the Rosewood board. The neck is maple with dual graphite reinforcement rods. This neck has not moved since I've owned it. I tweaked it to my tastes and it has not moved even with the TN crazy weather changes. The tuners are Schaller Lightweight tuners. The bridge is a Hipshot A style 5 string bridge with 3/4" spacing. I've seen this identical bridge on an older Warrior bass. All strings are top load except for the B string. It has been run through body for the added lenght. The B string on this monster is tight and clear. The electronics are dual EMG active soapbars. The tone control is passive. The controls are VVT. There is a fourth knob for future preamps should someone so desire to install one. I haven't had the need because this thing sounds great as is. I always get compliments on the sound and look of this bass when I use it. It currently sounds like a jazz on steroids. Condition wise I would say it's a 9/10. There is only 1 scratch on the back of the body near the string ferrule. It's about 1" long.

I'm looking to get $875 shipped to your door. I can only ship within the lower 48 of the US. As far as trades go, I'm really only looking for one bass in particular, a Conklin GT-7(fretted), might consider fretless. I've got some solo ideas rattling around in my brain that I need the top strings to accomplish. I couldn't get my pics posted on here, but I can email them on request or go here to see them. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zachbass02/detail?.dir=/dd7b&.dnm=f798re2.jpg&.src=ph

2. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    you may want to consider correcting the warmoth website:p

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Day-um, I bet that's nice....

4. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Thanks for the heads up. Spell check is a beautiful thing. Especially, when it's used. Warmth --- Warmoth, looks similar, right?

5. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    It is and I have loved having it.....plays like butter and sounds better than it looks....

6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    i DON'T THINK THAT SPELLCHECK WOULD HAVE HELPED IN THIS CASE. I don't think that warmoth is listed in it.:p
    sorry for the all caps.

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Pending another trade cycle, I might want to trade my 55-02 for your bass. We talked about this before and I was stupid and didn't take the chance.

Are you interested?

Matt

8. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Ah man, you gotta dangle the carrot in front of me again. Let me think about it. I'm really GASing for a GT-7. But, then again it might be nice to have fretted 55-02 to go with my fretless 55-02.

9. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    ok

10. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    going out of town bump and price drop..........

$825 Shipped to YOUR DOOR within the US

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You know you want the 55-02!

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    from the 2nd page bump.....:hyper: ..........the 55-02 is looking real good.....pm me with some more pics and overall condition if you wouldn't mind......

13. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    PM sent.

14. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PM replied to.

15. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Sorry, I've already committed to a Cirrus 6 string trade.
    But good luck with the sale! This looks like a killin' bass.

16. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hey, no worries....I hope the Cirrus does ya good.....

17. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    No harm no foul.
    These are all great basses... Sheesh we have it lucky.

18. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    trade pending :hyper:

19. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    :D

20. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    That was quick!!!!! Didn't you just get this?!?!? Gosh, we need to get you a Warrior!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.