1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT/FS Zon Sonus 5/2 - $1100!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Archaeobass, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    THIS ONE IS SPOKEN FOR! THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST! CLOSING THREAD!

For Sale or Trade: my thunderous Zon Sonus 5/2!

I got this bass from Pickles several months ago and its been nothing but a joy to play. I've been GASing for a fretless and I'm having a hard time justifying keeping this great bass when my main player is my Q5.

This Zon has a truss rod. Its seen its share of battles for sure - play wear and scuffing, but nothing to seriously mar the front or back. The neck and fingerboard are in great shape. The finish is called Cinnamon. Don't let the photos fool you - I was skeptical of the finish, but once I buffed it out it really popped and shined. Its beautiful and looks great on stage.

I'm positive this will not be my last Zon bass - not by a long shot! No one makes a neck like Joe Zon.

Here is a link to the previous sale post with pictures and sound clips:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650589

And here is a link to the Zon info page about this model:

http://www.zonguitars.com/zonguitars/sonus52.html

Ships in the same battered case it came to me in - serviceable but ugly -OR- I can drive up the road to Zon's shop and see if I can procure you a Zon gig bag, but the cost of the bag would be added to the price.

ASKING THE SAME PRICE I BOUGHT IT FOR: $1100 shipped CONUS. This is just about the best deal you could possibly get on a Zon.

Would prefer trades or partial trades (+cash on your end) for a fretless 4 or 5 string.
    No MIMs or Squires, plz.
    The holy grail of trades would be for your "lovingly worn-in" Buzz or Pentabuzz. Failing that, just run your trade offers by me. Worst I can say is "No!"
    Would also consider a BOSS RC-20 or comparable loop station as partial trade.

2. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Pics?

Edit: nevermind, found them - they're sort of buried in previous threads...

3. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    no pics in old thread...

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    PM Sent!

5. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    PM's replied!

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/Archaeobass/Zon Sonus 5 slash 2/

A photobucket with some snaps I took today. I'm no photographer, but I think I managed to show off the finish a bit. Also high lighted the most "major" wear. Nothing penetrates the finish.

And here is a link to the original thread with pictures, since folks pointed out that it was nested in another thread.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643668

This is an outstanding bass. Currently dressed in brand-spanking new D'addario Nickel Rounds. Absolutely thunderous!

6. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    That's a sweet bass. Glad you enjoyed it, time to lock in with some other kick drum :bassist:

7. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    It really is. I wish I could justify keeping it, but in my current fit of recession depression, if something comes in, something must go.

I've gotten some great offers so far. I don't plan on leaving anyone on the hook for long, so the window on this bass is closing quickly! If you've got a trade, shoot a PM my way!

8. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    I have a nice '96 Fender Jazz Fretless bass MIJ coming in fews days, it white and come with two necks one fretless and one fretted. I can send some pic's as soon as It come in.\ plus my BTB575Fm Bass.

jazzfl.jpg
    jazzneck.gif
    DSC00039.jpg

9. bass4worship

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    pm send

10. bass4worship

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    What color is the bass Brown or red can't tell by pic's

11. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    It is "cinnamon" - I'd call it candy red with some mahogany brown in it.

I have some interesting and tempting offers on the table. Still looking primarily for a nice fretless! Monday bump!

12. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    What's up with the headstock on the fretted neck?
    Fender?

13. bass4worship

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Here what was written by seller:
    1996 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass that I've owned since fall of 1996 when I special ordered. Only other hands to ever touch this bass were those of my guitar tech. Changed out stock pick-ups for some 62 re-issues and the sound is now rich, but you can also get any brightness you'd like as well. Bass is starting to get that beautiful "mayonaise" color which really accentuates the "red" aged tortoise pick guard. I also include the Tobacco and W/B/W pickguards as well so you can switch the colors as you please. I currently have an "aftermarket" fretted neck installed, but will also ship with "Fretless" neck it came with originally. I really liked having the option to record with either neck, depending on what was needed for each session or song.The body is in wonderful shape with no scuffs, scratches of any consequence. You will also see the pick-up front cover as well as the "ashtray" which you can install to create the look of a much older bass, without all the scratches and "age" spots. Beautiful low action and intonation with either neck. You can easily switch out necks in about 20 minutes..

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.