1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT/FS: Zon Sonus

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I am regretfully selling this zon sonus. I know I am going to kick myself for this. The only reason I am selling this bass is, I own eight basses, this being my most expensive one and mainly play my P bass with flats. Here is some information:

The bass weighs under seven pounds. I don't have a scale for the exact weight, but it is around six and a half pounds. The body is made of ash and the neck is graphite.

It has an extremely rare, for a zon, rosewood fretboard. This warms the tone up a lot.

I love the burst finish on this bass. It fades into a very rich, seventies style brown.

The playability on the bass is second to none. I have honestly never played its equal.

This bass has a naturally scooped sound to it. It really makes slap lines jump out at you. I run the bass completely flat. I just almost never slap. This bass really should go to a slapper.

It has two Bartolini single coil pickups with two stacked controls. Vol/Vol and active Bass/Treble.

The tuners and bridge were replaced by the previous owner to nice matte black ones. I will edit this post with the brands if I can find the info. I do remember that they are name brand. I want to say hipshot. The strings now can be strung through the bridge or through the body.

The bass has nice low action with effortless playability. It is currently strung up with DR Black Beauties. There is minimal fretware.

The bass is in excellent condition. The only blemishes are a small dent in the front and a crack in the clearcoat by the output jack. I will post pictures. The crack could easily be repaired, but I'm clumsy and don't want to make it worse.

I would sell it for $1150 shipped in a zon gigbag, but I am also open to a trade.

Things that I would be interested in:

Warwick Dolphin Pro I 4
    USA Schecter Model-T
    Fender P-bass (especially a 62 reissue)
    Other P-basses
    Mesa 400+
    Bergantino NV215

I can take trades plus cash or add cash from my end.

I am open to almost anything, so just shoot me a pm with what you got. I am really into tube amps and passive basses. I'm pretty good with cabinets right now, unless you have a NV215.

PM me your email if you want larger pics.

Thanks for looking,

Mike

2. blues bassman

blues bassman

Apr 14, 2006
    Hanover IN.
    PM sent

3. PM sent.

4. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon