1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: Genz Benz GBE500 for SWR SM-500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by panic_striken, Apr 4, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I am looking to get a more modern tone out of a head. My Genz Benz has the classic Ampeg tone nailed better than Ampeg:) The group I am with now just requires a more Hi-Fi sound. No issues with this puppy. It pushes 400w@4ohms or 525w@2ohms, and it is completely safe to run at 2 ohms. I emailed Genz Benz service to get that answer. Anyways, it's hard to track down info on this head because it was the early version of the now GBE400/600 line. Has a cool tube saturation section that allows you to tailor make great overdriven tones. Well, I am looking to get an SWR SM-500 in trade. So, hit me up with those SWR's:) Oh, rackmount case not included here. Almost forgot you can chose between all tube(12ax7), all solid state, or blend the two in the preamp section.

Picture041.

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you were going to sell it... what would it go for?

3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    How about a mint condition SWR 400-S?

4. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I'd sell it for one of those Orange bass heads:D I would probobally ask $450.

5. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Here is the 400-S.

6. yea just another $1300 more and you can get that orange head you want. and that $1300 is WELL worth it, at least in my eyes. I just bought one after selling me SWR and it is killer.