1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Gibson 500T P/U's

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by BassManMike73, May 29, 2012.

1. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    I have a pair of 500T pickups that came in a Les Paul I just got, and I'm looking for something with a little less gain. I'm specifically looking for a 498T or a 490T or both. Let me know if you have something you'd wanna trade! :)

2. Rawkabilly

Rawkabilly Supporting Member

May 4, 2007
    Central IL
    Have you considered swapping the magnets? I have a set of 500T's with A4 magnets and they are excellent. There's lots of info online about swapping magnets in humbuckers. There are some guys on the Seymour Duncan forums who do it all the time. I did the swap myself and it was pretty easy. I got the magnets here: http://www.addiction-fx.com/gallery1.htm

3. BassManMike73

BassManMike73

Apr 20, 2011
    Portage, MI
    Never thought of that... I'm gonna have to check that out! Thanks for the post!