1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT Glockenlang 3 band pre for Nordy or Aggie 3 band

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by richst, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I've got a Glockenlang 3 band preamp in my Rbass now. 5 knob setup master vol/balance B/M/T with push/pull bypass on the master volume. It's a very hi fi sounding pre. This bass also has single coils. The glock would sound better with soaps I think. Maybe in a Roscoe or something similar? I need a more aggressive pre with the singles. I want a Nordstrand or Aguilar 3 band pre. Whaddyagot??

OK.....now for sale $120 shipped...

2. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    stock pic

Attached Files:

3. Lorisco

Lorisco

Mar 20, 2010
    California
    What do you mean by "hi fi" sounding?

Having an Rbass 6er built with nordy dual-coil pu's and am wondering if I should go with nordy pre or aguilar pre?

ps - I do have an Aguilar OP3 I'm not using.

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    The treble knob on the Glock is centered at 18k. Thats way up there. I'm wanting more beef on the bottom and more of a sadowsky top end. Sad's treble is at 4k. I goes better with the single coils IMO. The Glock is very present and clear. Could be better with thick sounding pickups maybe? Not sure.

5. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Welcome to the club!!

Ray is making me a 5 string singlecut (almost done) and it will have Nordstrand DC5 and a Aguilar OBP3 preamp. That's my favorite combo. My # 1 bass is an R-Bass with dual coils and a OBP3, it kills!

I have several new in the box OBP-2SK preamps, but I doubt you want one.... If you do send me a PM, you can always try a 2 band pre with a master tone control ;)

6. Lorisco

Lorisco

Mar 20, 2010
    California
    Anyone have an Rbass with Nordy PU's and Nordy preamp to compare to the OBP3 preamp?

7. Danny R.

I do! :D

But it's a Fretless. Fatstacks and 3 band preamp with a switch for each pickup. Believe it or not the Nordstrand and the Aguilar sound very similar. I heard that Nordstrand based his preamps on the Aguilar preamps, but that's just a rumor.

8. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I'll throw in a line 6 compressor pedal to make the trade happen......

9. Danny R.

So no interest in a OBP-2?

10. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Going for the 3 band on this bass. thx anyway.

11. Danny R.

No problem.
    Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.