1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Ibanez EDA905

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mdogs, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    For trade only for now, Ibanez Ergodyne EDA905 five string. If you haven't played one of these basses, you really owe yourself. The Luthite body makes it very light yet it balances extremely well. Single magnetic pickup with Piezos in the bridge and two band active EQ. Has an extremely wide range of sounds from extremely aggressive to dark and thumpy. The bass is in near perfect condition other than the approximately 1" scratch shown in one of the pix. It plays great and has the thin neck that Ibanez basses are known for. I love playing it, but I am a 4 stringer at heart and just don't play it much because of that. BTW, the smell that a lot of people associate with the Luthite really does not exist with the newer models. The only time that I have ever smelled it was when I removed the neck and exposed the unpainted material, even the gig bag that I keep it in does not smell.

Not sure what I am looking for in trades other than I don't need anymore Fenders, so please don't ask. Other than that, let me know what you have!

Here are the pix:

eda905 pictures by mdogs - Photobucket

2. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Did I mention that this thing is sporting a brand new set of Circle K balanced tension 130's? Sweet strings that make this thing sing!!

3. toberoo

toberoo

Mar 9, 2007
    Sweet bass man

4. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Thank you...Thank you very much...

5. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Early morning pic.

Attached Files:

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Any interest in a boss dr880 drum machine in excellent condition except for the back panel display light that's out? Display is clear, just can't see it in the dark. My vid below was recorded with it. Only used about 3 times.

7. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Sorry, really only interested in basses.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This bass really has me interested. First 19mm Ibanez bass models are rare, second, the lower horn is very similar to the placement on the new Grooveline series which makes for a really great seated playing posture.:)

I also cannot think of better deal on a bass with piezos.:)

9. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Ya, this bass is wicked, I just can't (don't want to) wrap my head around the 5 strings. I have tried so many fivers and just never feels right. I gassed for this bass for quite a while after I first heard one and jumped on a good deal to get this. It is incredibly comfortable to play both seated and standing and it is just fun to play. And, as you mentioned,,,the piezos. They give this bass or any bass a whole other dimension that you just can't get with magnetic pups. Anything interesting that you might be looking to trade?

10. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I might have something. I'll PM you soon.

11. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Cool!

12. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    PM sent.

13. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member