1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT: Ken Smith Quilt Maple/Walnut Six

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassie12, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    ******************Trade Complete!!! Thanks for all the awesome offers!!!*****************

Here's a lovely Ken Smith six string bass. Beautiful tone, feel balance, just look at it!

2003, I believe. Seven piece neck, five piece body wings. Walnut core, bubinga and purpleheart(?) accents. 9 volt electronics & series/parallel switching.I think the seven piece necks are no longer available, & if so, crazy expensive.

Only the slightest wear & tiny dings if any. Specifically, very slight worming on the back of the treble horn which won't show up in photos, and a tiny bit of lacquer wear near the nut from hanging on a wall mount. This too, is minimal.

Nothing wrong with it, I'm just a P-Bass guy. REALLY a P-Bass guy. I tried very much to make this my player, as the solidity of the tone is so very satisfying. But, on the gig my hands just don'y know where to go with this. My '59 P-bass & '82 AVRI 57 P are just extensions of my body: no thinking, just playing. So, I've decided to get rid of most of my non P-basses. This is the first.

I'm looking specifically for a Fender Pino Paladino Sig. Precision. I will also consider Custom shop '58, '59, & 60s basses, though I guess I'd like two of anything other than a Pino. 1 3/4" nuts, big necks , and lightweight is where its at for me.

Please ask any questions & lets see what you've got!

I'm a new supporting member here but have been around Talkbass for years. My username is also my ebay name. Check out my feedback.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    A couple more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    PM sent

4. How about a cash price? I have a ton of trade items, guitars, basses, drums but no P basses. I might buy for cash though. BUMP!

5. prtkiprtki3

prtkiprtki3

Aug 23, 2012
    Do you also sell your bass?
    If you sell, How much is it? (include shipping to Los Angeles)

6. Timbeat

Timbeat

Jul 3, 2012
    omg...

7. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Free bump for some killer quilt.

8. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Thanks for all the interest & PMs !

Thanks to LowClass for letting me know that the 7 piece neck option is still available from Ken Smith@ $500. Not crazy expensive, but not crazy cheap. Anyway, this bass has it. :)

Also, I've spent quite a bit of time in the studio with this bass, and it sounds just wonderful in recording situations.

In my original post, I failed to mention that the Ken Smith comes with OHSC in excellent shape, and a very comfy Levy strap, & dunlop straploks. I may have some extra straploks to throw in the case as this is the only bass I have with these.

I'm interested in trades only at this time, and I'll be more specific about what I'm interested in.

One of the following:

Fender Pino Palladino Precision

Fender Custom Shop Precision one-offs or prototypes

Fender Vintage Pre 1968(C neck only) refinned Precisions

Gibson Historic/Custom Shop Les Paul Standard R8 or R9. Again, big necks rule!

Two of the following:

Fender Fullerton era '82 through '84 AVRI P-basses '57, or '62RI(the necks of these are a hair slimmer than I like, but still quite nice)

Fender Custom shop P-basses, NOS or light relic. No heavy relics.

Also, I will consider 1982 thru 1984 Fender standard or Elite P-basses with 1.75" nut widths.

As far as P-basses go, I like 1.75" "C" nut widths. Fat necks preferred, U, V, C, or D shaped, big is better. Ash or alder body is fine, rosewood or maple neck is fine. I like the traditional vintage colors, though fiesta red, dakota red, and burgundy mist are personal eye catchers. I'm ok with added J or other bridge pickups as long as they are original or professionally done. Likewise, a pro refret on a vintage bass is fine by me.

Oh yeah, light weight is a must! Nothing over 9lbs.

I'm also always looking for tube & high end recording gear. If you have cool vintage or modern preamps, EQs, Compressors or mastering gear, let's talk.

Finally, I also have a very early Lakland Decade with Darkstars and a '93ish Rick 4003s that I could throw into the mix if you have something extra cool. I'll probably put these up in another post in the next couple days as time permits. Need to take some decent pics.

Thanks for your patience & interest.

9. gree2. IMG_0884. I have this big necked Gibson Historic '59 I can offer but I would need a little cash or value added.

Or this limited edition Gibson 58 Korina Les Paul Tribute with V headstock and big neck. 58KorinaLPTributeGlam.

or

10. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Well I guess I need to buy a Pino now so I can get this bass!!

11. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Trade Pending, so the bass is off the chopping block for the time being.

Thanks for all the awesome offers!!!

12. Readying item for shipment. I will be in touch tomorrow. I am very excited about this. THANKS!

13. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Likewise! :hyper:

14. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    Deal is done! Thank you!

15. Likewise. I will post positive feedback for you here on TB. Would you kindly do the same for me? Thanks.

16. bassie12

bassie12

Aug 23, 2008
    ******************Trade Complete!!! Bass is gone. Thanks for all the awesome offers!!!*****************

DONE DEAL!!!!

17. By the way. This bass is awesome and the seller is stellar! Deal with bassie12 with confidence! Love this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.