1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Lakland JO5 for JO4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Juniorkimbrough, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I currently have a sunburst JO5 w/ maple board and tort guard that I would like to trade for a sunburst JO4 w/ maple board. I really like the JO5 even though I am normally a 4 string player only, I actually like the chunkier neck but the music I regularly gig with rarely requires me to use a 5 string so I'm wanting to see if I can trade it for the same exact bass with one less string.

Currently this is the only picture I have on a group shot of my basses. I have more detailed pictures but I recently took down my website and have yet to open a photobucket account to host photos.

4th over from the left
    [​IMG]

and here is another picture I have of it on my myspace page..
    [​IMG]

The bass is in great condition, no major dings or dents, maybe a few slight scratches from my fingernails but thats it. The neck is nice and broke in and feels great.

Again, I will ONLY trade for a Lakland Skyline JO4, sunburst w/ maple board.

Please contact me via PM if you have any questions.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I see a distinct letting go of Fivers lately.

nice bass - hope someone feels the need to "get another string"

I'm sure you won't have a problem

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    I've contacted my local Lakland dealer to see if they have what I want in stock but haven't heard anything back yet.

I hope I find a trade but it won't hurt me a bit if I have to keep it.

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    If you're talking about Martin Music, I'm pretty sure they don't have any JOs in stock.

If I had a JO4, I'd tade you in a heart beat. All I've got is my Geddy Lee, and that's not what you're looking for. :meh:

5. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    I didn't think I remembered seeing any that time I met you there.

6. jdlwareagle

jdlwareagle

Nov 13, 2005
    Mobile , AL
    I recognize that bar pic . That's " Loves " , isn't it ?

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Yep. :)

We're playing at Gill's on Highland Fri. night and the Blue Monkey on Madison Sat. night if any locals would like to check the bass out.

8. JK -

What kind of pups do you have in that green Ibanez? are they the stock ones?

9. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    I also may consider trading my JO5 for any other brand of sunburst/maple board 4 string Jazz.....Fender, etc.

yes, they are the stock pickups.

10. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    You've gotten my interest up. I really, REALLY love my JO4, but I'm in the opposite boat in that my band is doing lots of stuff that needs a 5 string.

My JO4 is a twin sibling of yours, I even added the tort pickguard. But mine has a chrome pickup cover and I added a Hipshot D-tuner on it as well. Let me ponder this overnight tonight. Here's a pic of mine for reference

[​IMG]

11. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    That's cool. Just an FYI I'm wanting an even trade, I didn't specifiy that in my original post.

12. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    I thought long and hard about this but I just can't do it. I got home this morning from a 2 week long business trip and played both my Laklands. The JO4 is so light, the neck is just perfect. If I swapped it for a 5, then I'd be forced to choose whether to use the JO5 or the DJ5 on any given day. At least this way, the JO fits the 4-string stuff and the DJ covers the low B.

Hey man, here's a bump, even though I can't bring myself to give up my 4string.

13. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    I feel ya, I'm still skeptical about trading this for a 4 string. Still not 100% sure if I wanna do it or not.

edit: I'm gonna close this thread since I'm pretty sure I've changed my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.