1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT: Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by appler, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appler

appler Guest

*** TRADED -- Thanks for looking! ***

I have a Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5 that I'd like to trade for a Fender Roscoe Beck V. I bought this bass a few months ago from Talkbass member Tim O'Connor. It's an extremely nice instrument but the Jazz bass sound and 35" scale are not for me.

The bass is black with a black pickguard and maple fretboard. There is one "smudge" about an inch or two in size on the back of the instrument that looks similar to wear that you might see on a pickguard from slapping.

Aside from the minor blemish, this bass is in perfect shape and plays and sounds excellent. The bass comes with the Levy's Lakland gig bag and the original mint (aged white) pickguard.

jo52.
    jo5-back.
    jo5.
    jo5-back2.

I'm looking for a Fender Roscoe Beck V in any color. If I absolutely can't get a trade, I'll consider selling the JO.

Thanks for looking!

2. opium89

opium89

Jan 27, 2004
    Let us know if you put her up for sale..I might make ya an offer.

3. Bump for one HAWT looken bass!!! :hyper: That maple with the black on black color scheme looks killer!

Peace,

4. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOISE
    Wow, very nice! I might be tempted as well. Sold my JO5 a few months ago but really miss it.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    PM sent.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Pic of potential swap. This is the quintessential color for this bass (the original was this color).

7. appler

appler Guest

Trade pending...

8. appler

appler Guest

The bass is still available. However, I found a couple of blemishes. There are three pencil-point sized dings on the back of the body next to the string-through body holes, and a light scratch on the bottom of the body next to the strap button.

I'd still like to trade (plus cash) for a Roscoe Beck V but I will consider selling at this point.

These pictures were taken with a camera phone; sorry about the quality.

9. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOISE
    Sorry if I missed it, but I don't recall seeing a price. What are you asking for this fine bass? Thanks.
    Tom

10. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    My favorite bass in my favorite color. and all I have is a pile of four strings :( PM for the selling price.

11. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    How does this sound compared to a 55-01?

12. tom grossheider

tom grossheider

Oct 14, 2004
    ILLINOISE
    PM sent.

13. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    I have this. PM me if interested and we can discuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.