Ft Lauderdale bassists-help

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by M Haney, Nov 10, 2005.

1. M Haney

M Haney

Nov 20, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Hey Guys,

I work in a string shop in Vancouver BC. I was going to rent my upright case to a guy playing ships who docks in Ft Lauderdale, and is flying home to Vancouver. After getting several quotes, it turns out the shipping is extremely expensive from Vancouver to Florida.
    I'm trying to help the guy out. He needs something on the 21st of November. I was trying to track down a cardboard shipping box from an instrument shop in FL as a last resort, but had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You know, if I had kept the box my bass came in, I probably could have made a few bucks renting it out to guys like you ;)

Wish I could help you, but I'm in Orlando and there's precious little resources for DB here.
  3. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    If you have to go cardboard, some of the store-front shipping business (i.e., Mailboxes etc., the UPS store, etc.) will custom make boxes to your specs. Cost me around $40. Best of luck.
  4. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    Try this: In Miami, Paris Banchetti, Luthier. 305-666-5520.
  5. Aroneng

Aroneng Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    If you can get a hold of your colleague, ask him to talk with the engineering staff aboard the ship. They should be able to help out in some way with shipping materials.