Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: Lovely Carvin BB75 in UK

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Right, as the subject says, I'm offloading my Carvin BB75... Here's the spec: 5-string, ash body with quilt maple top, dark purple transparent finish (makes the top look LOVELY), maple through-neck, birds-eye maple fingerboard, quilt cap with the purple finish on headstock, black hardware, MM + J pickup arrangement with 3-band EQ with coil tap, Dunlop straplocks, and Carvin hardshell case. Cosmetically, in almost perfect condition apart from a small crack in the finish on the forearm chamfer on the top bout of the body. The bass is also very light, somewhere around 8lbs.

The tone? Very nice and surprisingly old-school for a modern neck-through active bass. Would work great with a blues or R&B-type band. Unfortunately, I play hard rock/metal and I don't think the tone is quite right for me.

These are quite rare over here, and I'm not necessarily trying to sell it - I'd like to trade/part-exchange it for a more aggressive-sounding five, bolt-on or neck-through, possibly something along the lines of a Stingray 5, a Lakland 55-02, an Ibanez ATK305, SR1305 or BTB 5-string, Tobias Killer B 5 or W.H.Y. If I sell it, I'd be looking for £700 or so for it.

I've attached a few pics...

Russ :bassist:

(edited because I forgot to attach the pics!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NoFret

NoFret

Feb 15, 2003
    East Sussex , UK
    hahaha i just replied here asking where they were,and when i posted it there they were! :D
    so i deleted it!

3. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Hi do you like Warwicks??

4. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I do, as it goes... Thumbs and Streamers are rather nice... :D

5. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    *bump*

Must get shot of the Carvin ASAP guys... still open to interesting trades, or will sell for £650 cash...

6. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Are you interested in a Warwick Streamer Pro-M 5 string??

P.S. I'm in Iceland so the shipping is not that much

7. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Possibly... will need to find one over here so I can have a play and see if I like the tone...

Will let you know... :D

8. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Russ, you have PM:bassist: