1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: MIA Daphne Blue (!) Fender American Standard Jazz bass **extras included

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SubSectorSucker, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Yup. It's happened again. As I do every three months, I aquire a Jazz, and then quickly realize that they're not for me. Don't worry--I'm sure I'll do it several more times before I leave this Mortal Coil.....

Anyway, this is a COOL looking one. 2004 MIA Fender Jazz with S-1 switching professionally removed; and it has been professionally refinished in an amazing Daphne Blue. There are a couple nicks here and there--some small ones on the headstock. There is also a small chip around one of the rear string ferrules. Other than that, it is in great condition for an instrument of it's age. I don't know what the original color was---it was like this when I got it :)

It will include a Fender HSC, and two pick guards---tort and mint. Also included is a Fender "F" bridge cover.

Plays great with very low action and no buzzes. Truss has plenty of adjustment left. Comes in at 9 lbs exactly on my digital bathroom scale. Frets have been crowned and leveled, and have lots of life left.

I'm looking for a trade. Heres what I like:

Any Leo designs.. P's, Stingrays, G&L's .....

Ricks!

If you have a transparent turquoise 'Ray with a maple neck, we should really talk, you and I ;)

As always, my search continues for my White Whale: a 2001 MIA 50th Anniversary P in Butterscotch Blonde

Any interesting basses.....Don't be insulted if I say no---just interested to see what else is out there :D

Would maybe trade up by including the Fender Mustang that's in the picture. Kinda broke--I can't really afford to add cash.

I Apologize for the crappy pictures. They were taken with my cell phone, as my son destroyed my DSLR when I took it out to take these pics. You can see it's remains in some of the pictures. Please, take a moment to tip a 40 for my fallen homey, Nikon :bawl:

anyway, Happy New Year everyone!

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab291/subsectorsucker/jazz1-2.jpg[/IMG

[ATTACH=full]1885052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1885053[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]1885054[/ATTACH]

2. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    trade value?

3. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    are you sure its a '96? ... the S-1 didnt come around until '03/04 ... also, its hard to tell from the pic, but are there holes in the bridge for top load?? ... a 96 would only be STB I think ... its pretty ... serial number N6 or Z6? :)

4. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

DFBB!!

(Damn fine bass bump)

5. I'm a dope. It's a 2004. I have so many (...too many) basses pass through, that I lose track sometimes :rollno: z4 serial number...

Thanks for the catch. OP edited to reflect the change :)

6. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Now it makes sense ... free pre-lunch bump :)

... have to ask though, the pics show two very different colors .. which is actually closest, the one with the white p/g or the ones with the tort p/g??

7. Thanks :)

Definitely the tort pics. The pic with the cover is from the original owner. Perhaps it was fluorescent lighting and a flash did some goofy things

8. Bump

9. Also would like to add Carvin SB4000/5000s to trade list

10. Bump

11. Bump

12. TMart99

TMart99

Sep 22, 2010
    Rockwell, NC
    I have a G & L ASAT Special Semi-Hollow standard six string guitar (not a bass), that I would trade for this gorgeous Jazz bass:);)

I know, I know...I'll shut up, now:D

13. throw in your gb head, and we have a deal :D

14. MellyMel

MellyMel Fender De-Fender

May 1, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    still available?

15. Sure is, Mel!

16. Any ebmm love?

17. Bumperooooooo!

18. MJT

MJT

Feb 24, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Bump for a great guy, the best photographer on TB, and beauty of a bass.

19. Were the screws near the bridge for a bridge cover? I have an '09 4H Stingray in Cherryburst; might be interested. Tort the only guard?

20. Thank you, my friend. Sadly, my photography abilities will be on hiatus; as my camera died slightly before taking these pics. These were taken with my cellphone :D

RIP Nikon D40 2007-2011:bawl: