SOLD FT: MIA Fender Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by need4mospd, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Alright, I got tired of trying to find a local trade. This is an MIA Fender Standard Jazz V, with the S-1 switch. Totally stock, good condition with most of the player wear(from a pick) on the pickguard. Only blemishes to note, for the picky ones, would be some pick wear that trailed off on to the body between the pickups, a hairline scratch near the bridge not visible from more than 3 feet, and two extra holes on the pickguard where some emblem was attached by the previous owner. The holes could be filled with another screw, or you could replace it with a groovy tort guard and you'd never know. This will include a Fender hard case in great condition.

I haven't really gotten to know her that well, but I know I need something a little different. It plays great, just like every American Fender I've picked up. That S-1 switch gets lots of action from me.

As far as trades go. I've recently joined up with an old school funk band, playing Meters, James Brown, and other P-bass funk stuff. I'd like to see a Lakland Duck Dunn, but will consider all P-bass type instruments. American or Japanese Fender is cool. Lakland Glaub might work for me. I would consider a 5 string if it had a good P-bass sound. I'm not afraid to add some cash towards a higher end bass, but wouldn't want to trade down too far. No MIM stuff. Let me know what you've got. I'll list a cash price to sell in a few days if I don't see a good trade come by.

EDIT: Bah, I'll just keep it for now. The band really digs it, even though I know a P would be better.

Attached Files:

2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I may snap a few more pictures if I don't get any bites this time around.

Attached Files:

3. pm sent

4. I have its P brother with maple board. Too bad this has rosewood. I would be all over this one.

5. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I've got a real interesting trade offer on the table. Unless something awesome comes up before tomorrow morning or the trade falls through...this will be on it's way out soon. I'd do a Lakland Duck Dunn in a millisecond, but I guess there aren't any out there!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.