1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: MIJ Fender Jaguar, matching headstock, pearl blocks, great condition!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rumblefisher, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Hey TB. I recently acquired this bass from TBer Mixx80. He took great care of it...definitely lived up to his description of "babying [his] basses."

However, the bass is just not my thing. I am not a fan of red basses to begin with, nor do I really like Jazz width necks. I'd consider a J for trade, but in truth I'd probably just flip it for a P if I could :)

Specifications for this bass can be found here:
    FenderĀ® Products

I can also add some things for a trade up deal.

Some cash (maybe)
    Dell Laptop Computer - TOP OF THE LINE UPGRADES
    Blackberry Pearl 8120 Smartphone

OPEN TO ANY AND ALL TRADE OFFERS!
    I love TB, trades, and trying new basses!

ATTENTION: Please note that all photos were taken using a cell phone. If a TBer would like, I can attempt to obtain a higher resolution camera for more detailed photos. However, the bass is in great condition, CERTAINLY better than the basses billed as "new" at Guitar Center (for reference)! Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with some of my Bass Brethren!

I've had several PMs requesting that I extend my "morning sale" price that I had posted yesterday, $[DEL]550[/DEL] [DEL]$520[/DEL]$500(plus shipping). I am willing to oblige those requests, and in doing so, am advertising the CHEAPEST (GREAT CONDITION) JAG ANYWHERE ON THE NET! I don't know how long I will leave it at this price, but I'm hoping for a quick(ish) sale. Thanks TB!

[DEL]I will also include with purchase a Fender Deluxe Gigbag AND Strap IF THE BASS IS SOLD TODAY[/DEL]

Attached Files:

2. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    <reserved for pics>

Attached Files:

3. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    <reserved for MORE pics>

Attached Files:

4. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    <last one>

Attached Files:

5. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    There are 3 basses on TB at the moment I'd like to buy. The most expensive of the 3 is $650, let's make this a [DEL]$650 OBO[/DEL] in addition to possible trades. I think I am easy to deal with and can appreciate the thrill of a good deal, so make an offer and let's hammer something out, hopefully before my preferred basses sell !! :) Thanks TB!

6. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    pm'd

7. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    All PM's replied, bass still here.

8. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Sale extension requests met. Tryin' to work with ya here TB :)
    Help me to help you (to help me to help you help me to help you...) :bag:

9. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Since LOWERING my asking price the PMs I haven't heard back from those requesting the sale extension.
    Whisky Tango Foxtrot? :)
    Nothing says Christmas like a candy-cane colored Jag bass!
    (maybe if it had a minty green pickguard...)

10. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Is it a short scale bass?

11. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    It is if you want it to be :D

Just kidding it is NOT a shortscale. This is a full 34" (giggity).

12. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    And, are those real block inlays or decals?

13. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Real block inlays. The good ones...NOT the newer surface things Fender does on the Geddys! These are inlayed into the fretboard...as their name would suggest :D

14. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Tell us about the playablity of the Jag. String or fret buzz(es) rattles? Action- high/low? String height? Everything work properly? Case? Has the pickup cavity been lined to solve the early grounding issue? Thanks. :cool:

15. mixx80

mixx80

Nov 2, 2009
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist:Lakland Basses
    Bump ! Nice bass nice guy !

16. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    At the moment, I have the bass set up to low action, with light gauge strings. With a light to moderate touch, there is NO buzz or rattle. With a heavy hand, I can induce some fret buzz however.

Everything is 100% working as it should be. I did not purchase the bass with a case, but we could work something out if it was a necessity.

I have not removed the pickups to peer inside for copper lining or paint. However, I do play this bass through both a Mesa Walkabout Scout (90% of the time) as well as various other amps, and there is NO grounding issue to speak of. There is no more white noise or hiss than would be produced by any other Fender Jazz or J-like bass.

As far as the "playability" (which I am interpreting to mean "feel") the bass is pretty great. Jazz width nut and Modern C shape make it a fast feeling neck. I didn't highlight it in the photos, but there is some nice flaming to the neck as well. The short lower horn makes reaching the higher registers easy. The bass is also quite light, moreso than any Jazz bass I've owned. The neck is set dead-level with the pickups, giving a nice, continous feel from right thumb placement to left hand fretting. Because the neck is as thin as it is, most of the weight is located at the site of the body, making the bass balance very nicely all on its own without the use of lever-and-pulley system to keep it from tipping downward :)

17. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Good Sunday morning everyone!

18. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Not only am I selling this bass at MORE than a fair price IMO, BUT I AM INCLUDING FENDER DELUXE GIGBAG AND STRAP AS WELL IF THE BASS IS SOLD TODAY!!!

19. Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Last price drop. If the bass doesn't sell today then I'm withdrawing the offer to include a gigbag and strap as well.
    If you want an awesome deal with all the trimmings, jump on this now. Or take your chances at GC, your call :D

20. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    Wow I thought this would've been gone by now.

That's a stupid low price people.

I had a Jag, and this one is lighter by a longshot. It's definitely one of the good ones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.