1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: Mike Sherman Fanned Fret 7 string guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Adam Of Angels, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    This is a Mike Sherman Fanned Fret 7 string prototype in about 9.6/10 condition

Specs: 27" to 25.5" fan - 30 frets
    Purple heart, Walnut, and Maple for the neck and body (though the body wood grain looks suspiciously like Mahogany),
    insanely figured Birdseye Maple for the fretboard and truss rod cover. EMG 808's (fit the fan better than 707's), single volume, three way mini toggle. I'm not entirely sure what make the tuners are, but they're super solid. The bridge is comprised of 7 individual top mount saddle pieces.

This guitar is insane. I literally just got it a few weeks ago, and will likely continue to play it if it doesn't move, but since I haven't had an ad up in a while, I figured I'd put it out there for trade.

The tone is gorgeous. Nothing short of it. The woods are beautiful, the feel is perfectly solid, and the playability really leaves nothing to be desired.

Sherman told me that this was a prototype that he built (it's pictured on his website if you want to check it out). I've never played another one of his guitars, but now I'm mighty curious.

There isn't much in the way of actual flaws, but right by the volume knob and the low B tuner, there are light spots in the clearcoat. Not really sure what it's from. There are also two indentations (not large) near the input jack.

Looking primarily for trades - guitars, amps, basses, etc. Honestly, if you have something you don't mind trading, just let me know - it never hurts to ask.

The guitar is with me in southwestern PA.

Anybody who's at all interest me can PM me, or send me an e-mail (preferred): adamofangels@gmail.com

DSC_0247_zpsc217cbca.
    DSC_0254_zps489e469e.
    DSC_0255_zpsb711966d.

Sherman FF7 Photos by AdamOfAngels | Photobucket

2. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

3. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

4. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

5. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

6. glimmerofdope

glimmerofdope

Apr 9, 2008
    PM'd

7. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

8. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

9. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA
    Bump

10. tmoney61092

tmoney61092

Sep 15, 2009
    just curious, what are you placing the trade value at?

11. Adam Of Angels

Nov 26, 2011
    Mt. Pleasant, PA

Approximately $2300, but flexible in either direction depending on how much I like the trade

12. darkchylde89

darkchylde89

Oct 16, 2013
    Arizona, USA
    I sent you an email! :D