FT: Mint Stingray-4 Natural

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by moxshyfter, Sep 15, 2004.

1. moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    Hey guys,
    I'm pretty new here, and I was referred here by a friend at musicianforums.com (6-string demon is his SN). I posted an ad for this offer over there, but I got little response, and he recommended that I post it here.

I am looking to trade my current Stingray-4 Natural finish for a Stingray-5 (hopefully in as good of condition). I just generally prefer 5-s, that's why I'm looking to trade.

The bass itself is flawless as far as I can tell. No scratches, dings, chips, etc, and I have taken pretty good care of it. I gigged once with it, and immediately cleaned it off and wiped it clean afterwards. It has seen very little play, so there should be virtually no fretboard wear, if any at all.

I don't have real photos, but this is a pretty accurate pic from the Ernie Ball site: www.public.iastate.edu/~lpbrown/stingray.jpg

I realize that Stingray-5s generally cost more, and natural finishes generally cost more as well, so I would take these things into consideration when working any deals out with anyone who is interested.

Because I am so new here, I would be perfectly willing to speak via phone prior to any transactions, and if that's not enough, anyone at musicianforums.com should be able to vouch for me.

I hope I haven't left anything out. If you're interested, or have ANY questions at all, send me an email at lpbro@hotmail.com. I'll be happy to answer as questions you have. Thanks a lot for reading and looking! :)
  2. moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    I can also add cash to the deal if the trade isn't equal. Let me know! Thanks! :)
  3. moxshyfter

Jan 19, 2002
    Am I offering way too little, or is the SR-4 just not very sought-after? Or is the SR-5 worth considerably more than the SR-4 for reasons other than the electronics (and the simple fact that it's a 5)?

If you are even moderately interested and would like to work something out, please let me know! :)
  4. reentune

Aug 16, 2004
  5. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    If you're actually in Ames, I'd be interested in checking out the bass.