1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Modded SX P-Bass for Your Short-Scale SX

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xsogol, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Here's my situation.

I have an SX P bass that I love the sound of, but I just got another SX (a short-scale PJ) that I absolutely adore...I also want a fretless SX short-scale now (I happen to have an SX spare fretless short-scale neck, so whatever short-scale I trade for does not necessarily need to be fretless). I bought the SX shorty PJ for the express purpose of converting it, but it sounds so F'NG good stock, that I don't want to mess with a great thing.

Here are the specs of the SX P that I'd like to trade TRADED:

• SX P-Bass 34" scale 2-tone sunburst/alder
    • SX 75 JAZZ neck (with pearl blocks and white binding) with the finish sanded down on the back
    • Geddy Lee Jazz Tuners
    • Schaller P pickup (one of the most P sounding pickups I've encountered!!!)
    • stock bridge
    • Jazz knobs and upgraded 250K CTS pots
    • D'Addario Chrome Flats
    • White pickguard (and I can throw in a tort that fits too)
    • it's drilled for chrome pickup and bridge covers (which I can dig up for you if you are interested as well)

Here's what I'd like in order (ALL SHORT-SCALE...color not important...Ash would be AWESOME, but not essential):
    • SX PJ
    • SX P
    • SX J

I love the Jaguar-like shorties too but their necks look slightly diffent at the heel and I don't know if my replacement neck would work with them...if it would (or you have a fretless Jag-like copy you'd like to part with), then I'd be all over that too. I'm also interested in cheap pedals.

So if shorties aren't your thing and you'd like a classic P...this is the trade for you!

I also have an SX P bass neck (maple/rosewood) for sale SOLD.

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Just so I'm on the same page, I'm interested in the 34" scale SX P bass neck (maple/rosewood) for $25 shipped.

And I'm assuming you mean this one:

[​IMG]

I also live on the South Shore, in Plymouth so this could be convenient.

PMd too . . .

3. PM'd back. :)

4. colors

colors

Sep 1, 2005
    Connecticut
    pm sent

5. PMs replied to. Thanks!

6. Neck sold and bass traded. Thanks guys!

7. analog_freak

analog_freak

Jan 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    On the subject of SX short-scale necks, does anyone know if they are interchangeable between the Jazz bass and P-bass versions? I'd like to put the neck from the currently-available short-scale fretless Jazz (with the candy apple red body) onto my fretted P-version (Lake Placid Blue), and then swap the P's fretted neck onto the Jazz body. But I don't know if they are exactly the same size. Does anyone have both the Jazz and P-bass short-scale SX's and could measure for me?

Many thanks!

Michael

8. analog_freak

analog_freak

Jan 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    Bump:

On the subject of SX short-scale necks, does anyone know if they are interchangeable between the Jazz bass and P-bass versions? I'd like to put the neck from the currently-available short-scale fretless Jazz (with the candy apple red body) onto my fretted P-version (Lake Placid Blue), and then swap the P's fretted neck onto the Jazz body. But I don't know if they are exactly the same size. Does anyone have both the Jazz and P-bass short-scale SX's and could measure for me?

Many thanks!

Michael
    Edit/Delete Message

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    You might wanna try a forum other than the F/S forum.

10. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    They are definitely NOT interchangeable. I had my SX ss P routed to accept the larger SX ss J neck. Its the only way I could get a rosewood neck. Works and looks great now.