1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT Musicman Stingray 'Buttercream' 2005 Ltd Ed Sold Pending

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by warwickhunt, May 1, 2010.

1. Hopefully the pics speak for themselves but I will stress that this bass is in mint condition. Comes complete with the Ltd Ed brown tolex case and even the (unused) polishing cloth. Any questions feel free to ask.

100_1209.
    100_1210.
    100_1217.
    100_1211.
    100_1214.
    100_1213.

I'd be interested in any of the following and cash can go either way (all fretted and 4 string!)

Musicman Sterling pref sun/amberburst or Buttercream but not LPB/DK red.

A 'lightweight' P or J bass (doesn't have to be fender) - the closer to 8lb the better... not common I realise but not unheard of. This could be a one of the new Roadworns, HW1 (sad I know but I like the relic look), Sadowsky or a genuine vintage(ish) bass. Again, my preferred colour scheme is 'burst/tort/rosewood. Cash adjustment either way depending upon bass.

A Roscoe - never had one but I'm always interested in the esoteric.

A Lakland DJ - I realise it's a HUGE ask to find a light one of these but you never know. No LPB basses.

A Warwick - Streamer preferably but defo not a Thumb.

Lastly - anything that is a bit different but I must stress 'lightweight' only but no cricket bat basses.

NOTE - Please be aware that I've been disappointed in the past by sellers claims that a bass is "lighter than any other bass I've owned" etc. if you are interested in trading I want accurate weights! Sorry to be a pain in the backside about my weight demands but I have a recurring shoulder injury and I've now got to accept that however much I love a bass; 9lb is a 'maximum' weight.

2. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump. Currently playing around with a Sterling 4H in the same 2005 finish (rosewood neck) and it is a very nice axe.

3. Cheers. Just out of interest do you know what your Sterling weighs? I'd really like another Sterling but I need to be sure that the weight is down in comparison to a Ray and at the time when I last owned a Sterling, weight wasn't an issue so I have no idea how much lighter they are than Rays. :meh:

4. Legion

Legion

Nov 1, 2007
    UK
    Warickhunt, a good way of doing some research on this one is to browse perfectbass.com where they list the weights of the basses when you view the details. Shows a pretty wide spread from 8lbs to 10lbs usually, regardless of model.

5. Hmmm!

Thanks for the tip. I tried perfectbass.com but simply got a webpage that simply had lots of weblinks to other bass sites and theperfectbass.com brings up that store however I can't see any way to display basses by weight no matter what links I click on... I'll try again!

OH and I should add that the Ray is SOLD. :)